New soon-to-be grad student looking for friends!

Options
Hello!

I am two years out of my undergrad years and I am STILL trying to get off my freshman/sophomore weight. I went into school weighing 115 and came out weighing 150. I'm 5'3, so this makes me a little, er... thick? I don't want to get back to 115, but hitting 130 would definitely be nice. Right now I'm a corporate trainer, but in a few months I will be a graduate student studying/living/working on campus. I'll be running a dorm and one of the perks is that I will have a free meal plan. The downside is that cafeteria food is what got me in this slump in the first place. I am going to try to avoid weight gain by avoiding the cafeteria and cooking my own meals. I will also have access to the campus gym and a really nice nearby walking trail, so that's a huge plus. In the past I haven't been very active, but since joining this website, I've realized plugging in everything I do and seeing the math is a huge motivator. (10 miles of walking in two days, baby!)

Here is my dilemna-- I am great with calorie counting when it comes to things that are prepackaged, so I've been eating 100 cal cottage cheese cups, greek yogurt, etc. When I cook for myself though, I have trouble figuring out portions/calories, etc. I am looking into the Hungry Girl recipes, but I don't know if I can get all of those ingredients at a campus market.

I am looking for friends of all kinds, but any of you that have any good low cal recipes with easy to measure/find ingredients would be amazing, and any of you that are students or grad students would also be great!

While I'm a Resident Director, I'm going to try to strike up a healthy eating challenge for the residents of my dorm... so anyone with any ideas for that, please shoot them my way!

Thanks,

MsB

Replies

• pouka89
    pouka89 Posts: 24
    Options
    Hello! I am new here too and need friends for support! Feel free to add me as a friend!

Good luck :D
  • monylove311
    monylove311 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Welcome ladies! Feel free to add me. I've been here since January. The forums are great and you can find almost any answer or feel free to ask a question! Monica