Glass of White wine - Calories?

Options
I thought a glass of pinot grigio, say 5 ounces was only something like 75 cals? I put in two glasses of wine (10 oz) into my food diary and it came up with 244 calories! Anyway, I left it "as is" because they were decent sized glasses! LOL

I'm just curious what other people think the calories are in a normal sized glass (say 5 or 6 ounces) of white wine? I had a couple last night in honor of St. Pat's!! :wink:

Replies

• RMinVA
    RMinVA Posts: 1,085 Member
    Options
    Wine is roughly 25 cals per oz, so 125 for a 5 oz glass or 150 for 6 oz. Which is pretty much what your entry reflects.
  • Bramsey89
    Bramsey89 Posts: 26
    Options
    Ah yes I would like to know this as well.

I had over 500 calories of wine last night XD

But I'm still under! Woohoo
  • kristanickerson
    kristanickerson Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    how many for a whole bottle of red? lol that's what i ended up drinking for St Pat's
  • RMinVA
    Options
    how many for a whole bottle of red? lol that's what i ended up drinking for St Pat's

24 oz....so 500 :-) Been there , done that many times!
  • skinnylizzard
    skinnylizzard Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    A bottle of wine is 750 ml= 24 oz (3 cups) This would amount to 625 cals.
  • skinnylizzard
    skinnylizzard Posts: 460 Member
    Options

My calculation came to 625?!
  • TennisLoveGirl
    TennisLoveGirl Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Wine is roughly 25 cals per oz, so 125 for a 5 oz glass or 150 for 6 oz. Which is pretty much what your entry reflects.

Darnit!! I knew just 75 cal/glass was too good to be true!
  • LaurieEReid
    LaurieEReid Posts: 273
    Options
    Rats! I've been using an entry that said 4oz of Savignon Blanc was 80 cals. :ohwell:

I'll have to find a more accurate entry for wine. That said, I've been trying to keep to 4 oz or so as a serving at home, then adjusting portions if I order a 6 or 9 oz glass at a restaurant.
  • RMinVA
    Options

My calculation came to 625?!

Actually it's 600 ;-) I hadn't had my coffee yet!! I was thinking 4- 5oz glasses @ 125 apiece vs. 4-6oz glasses @ 150 apiece.
  • carinalewis
    Options
    sorted so on a friday n saturday ill just forget the food and get my calories from wine :laugh:
  • tlnester
    tlnester Posts: 34
    Options
    Depends on what type of white..a pinot grigio or a sauvignon blanc would have less that a sweeter wine, like a Riesling, at least that's what I thought!! A bottle of a dryer white should have around 450-500 cals.
  • RMinVA
    Options
    http://www.modern-wine-cellar.com/calories-in.html

Here ya go...look about 2/3 down the page.

And as for wine instead of food...one glass = serving of fruit, right? :-)