Sick of Egg Whites... Alternatives?

Options
dlf0001
dlf0001 Posts: 20 Member
Any suggestions for an alternative to egg whites for breakfast?

I normally eat about 3/4 to 1 cup seasoned with Mrs. Dash Chipotle' seasoning... but, after 3 months of this every morning I am getting sick of it...

Replies

• taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Throw in 1 yolk with your whites. It makes a big difference. And once a week "treat" yourself to whole eggs.
    There's also eggbeaters, but they don't really taste any better honestly. Maybe worse.
  • Timolyn
    Timolyn Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    A real whole egg is actually very good for you. Have one with toast.
  • MeliciousMelis
    MeliciousMelis Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I add lots of veggies and spices to mine...sundried tomatos, garlic, even tomato sauce on top. I don't think I could eat them otherwise....
  • elzettel
    elzettel Posts: 256
    Options
    I'm a big oatmeal person. I use the add-in's to mix it up (fruit or nuts). I've seen some do smoked salmon with whole wheat toast or one egg which I've been thinking about too for the extra protein.
  • CherylleeH
    Options
    I've tried the Southwestern Style Egg Beaters and it's really yummy. I make a Breakfast Burrito out of the Low Cal Wheat Tortilla, 1/4 cup Egg Beaters, and a slice of reduced calories cheese. The whole thing is about 180 calories.
  • greeneyed84
    greeneyed84 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    A whole egg is good for you! You can eat between 4-6 eggs a week and it does NOT bring your LDL up! I would not torture myself with egg white, i eat the whole egg like every 2-3 days. I make a 2 egg omelett with pretty much anything i can find in the freezer or fridge. Tomatoes, spinach, mushroom, some turkey, cheese. Some spices & seasoning (no salt)
  • BigPaul26
    Options
    Please treat yourself to the wonderful flavor and goodness of whole brown organic eggs! The calories arent that bad, bump up flavor with some veggies. I like steamed veggies like mushrooms and broccoli with seasoning and a couple of poached eggs. To poach eggs, bring water to a simmer in saute pan, enough to cover an opened egg, and add two tablespoons of vinegar to it. This helps hold the eggs together. First crack the egg into a bowl carefully as not to break the yolk, then slide it into the water. Simmer for three minutes, occasionally spooning water over the top of the egg, and you should have a perfectly poached egg. Serve it on top of the veggies, the yolk is natures best sauce ever! And so nutritious and good for you!
    Ok, done preaching....for now.
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    A whole egg is good for you! You can eat between 4-6 eggs a week and it does NOT bring your LDL up!

But for those of us that go through ~28 eggs per week, limiting to 1 or 2 yolks per day is not a horrible idea.

On the other hand, my cousin, who is a body builder, eats 6 whole eggs every morning. I've been meaning to ask him how/why/if it affects his cholesterol.
  • redkayakgirl
    Options
    i use 1 large egg, low fat cheese and mushrooms or asparagus, fresh herbs. cook the veggies first, no oil if cooked in non stick pan
  • bethymay123
    Options
    Try egg beater, 1/4 cup is equall to a whole egg with half the calorie
  • atomdraco
    atomdraco Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    Try something like:
    * Applegate Farms Breakfast Sausage Chicken & Apple
    * Hard boiled egg
    * Oatmeal