juicing should you count calories or not?

Options
i sometimes juices like apple and lemons or orange and apples or sometimes a more green juice. however, counting the calories in juicing is a lot different than eating the fruit. ive just decided to not even add them to my calories when i have my one glass a day bc it seems to be so complicated to find out how many calories i am drinking that is just juice. its not like i am going to get fat if i have 500 calories of fresh juice every now and then... what do you think

Replies

• ruthie3110
    ruthie3110 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • trhonda2011
    Options
    I would count it, just count it as that actual fruit. Worst case scenario your a few calories off since you didn't eat the entire fruit. I mix frozen strawberries with my protein shake and I count it all because my food processor doesn't leave anything behind. I count everything, yea you may not blow up from fruit juice but if you need the most accurate data to stay on track I would definitely count it.
  • sandram82
    sandram82 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    The rule I live by... if it goes into your mouth calories or not.. it goes in the diary!!
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    you should definitely log it. I log zero calorie beverages, splashes of lemon juice, splenda packets, even my multivitamin.
    If it goes in your mouth, it goes in the diary. Period.
  • pyro13g
    pyro13g Posts: 1,127 Member
    Options
    its not like i am going to get fat if i have 500 calories of fresh juice every now and then... what do you think

I don't think you should take that to heart and you must log it. They aren't free calories.
  • kimmerroze
    kimmerroze Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    Just add the entire fruit to your diary... it is better to estimate high, then low.. and truely and honestly... you are eating something.. its not free calories.

and I agree.. if it goes in your mouth it goes in your diary!
  • sandram82
    sandram82 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    I was googling this info and funny enough found this

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/nutrition-facts-calories/freshly-squeezed

from MFP!!!!
  • bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    For me, everything I eat or drink goes into the diary. It isn't complicated to figure out the nutritional value and log it, but it's your choice.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    I would count them as it would spike your sugar as you are losing all the fiber from the fruit itself. It is much better to eat the fruit than to juice it and drink its juice.