How are you able to drink so much water?

Options
I have a hard time drinking water. I usually have a cup of coffee in the morning and I allow myself 1 can of diet soda(trying to not drink it but I'm haveing a hard time wiht that so I've limited myself to one.) So the rest of the day I try and drink water and the days that I exercise I usually end up haveing about 3-glasses of water by the end of the day...but on days I don't get any exercise in I only end up drinking about 2 glasses of water. I'm just not thirsty...so I ususally only drink something when exercising or eating! Any suggestions?

Replies

• nicolebenke
    nicolebenke Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I have found that the more water I drink, the more water I crave. Plus it helps me eat less, so that's motivation. I keep my water with me almost all the time and sip constantly. I think you have to work up to it, but constant sipping beats constant munching for me.
  • CallMeMamaBoo
    Options
    Use a straw! It goes down faster.
  • monkeybuttsmommy
    monkeybuttsmommy Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel. I hate water actually, but basically force myself to drink 8 to 10 glasses of water a day.
  • MaryDreamer
    MaryDreamer Posts: 439
    Options
    This I wanna hear as well. I'm hardly ever thirsty either. My max used to be 3 cups of water a day, now I'm up to 7 by using flavor packets.
  • Crystal_204
    Options
    One thing I've been doing to drink more water was buying the crystal light packs (10 cal) and adding to my water. There is different kinds available. Try that! Maybe it might help eliminate the soda for you too. Good luck!
  • MistyMtnMan
    MistyMtnMan Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    Get a nice water bottle and have it with you all the time. It has to be a habit like anything else. Trust me it's worth it. It makes you feel better and fuller longer after meals. You gotta just start making yourself do it.

That's what I did because I knew I have to. Now I drink about 4.5 liters a day!
  • faythe
    faythe Posts: 245
    Options

I second this! My sports bottle is straw-style and I have the drink cups with built-in bendy straws (they're for my 3-year-old but I use them too, ssshhh!) and without those I would not drink anywhere near enough water.

If it helps you get in the habit use Crystal Light packets for a little while then wean yourself off them until you're drinking just straight water. They're still better for you than Diet Coke but not by much.
  • kms1981
    kms1981 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I am not thirsty but I drink it because I know I need it. I keep a cup next to me all day at work with a straw. I just keep sipping away and refilling. I know that it will help my body and me in this weight loss journey! But fyi I do have to run to the bathroom just about every 30-45 minutes!
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    I used to HATE water. I used pure fitness from crystal light.. aspartame free. I would get at least 3c extra a day that way. Now I crave it.. but for the longest time I just chugged it.
  • ian191
    ian191 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I second that! You drink it so much faster without even realizing it.

Before I had a hard enough time drinking 6 cups of water, but with a straw, I easily drink 10 or more cups. Kind of weird, but try it out.
  • TamDTam
    TamDTam Posts: 115
    Options
    Im a lil weirdo...I can drink a LOT more water if it is slightly cooler than room temp and out of a glass.... I cant drink it out of anything plastic...Also, i find I drink more if I chug-a-lug instead of sipping.
    I dont really like to add anything to it ( limes, crystal lite, etc)

in the rare instant I get an urge for soda, I mix the Stevia version of crystal lite with sodium-free seltzer water

I also make iced and hot tea ( using Stevia) which counts as water...
  • janalayn
    janalayn Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    I keep my water bottle full and with me at all times. I always drink several large swallows of water before I eat anything and have a swallow between bites. Good luck ... It was hard for me at first because prior to that I had been drinking 2 to 3 sodas a day and sweet tea.
  • crrc78
    crrc78 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I drink SO much water, but a straw is definitely a good place to start - you generally drink more (and faster) with a straw.
    Perhaps try naturally flavored seltzers or unsweetened iced tea.
    Also, if you start your day with a glass of water (like while you're getting ready in the morning), you're probably more likely to continue throughout the day. I shoot for drinking my 32oz water bottle on the way TO and FROM work - each way, plus i refill several times during the day. Good luck!
  • jinnycockrell
    jinnycockrell Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I use a huge cup, it's the one the hospital gave me when I had my daughter. It holds 32 oz. This is 1/2 of the recommended daily water total. I fill it up with ice and water in the morning, and then drink all day as I work. When empty, I refill. I usually get through 2-3, sometimes more of these a day. I also drink water at meals. I started drinking water (almost all I drink) in college, and at first had to kind of force myself, but now it comes natural to me.
  • fit4lyfe7
    fit4lyfe7 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I keep a bottle with me at all times and I also keep a brita pitcher and a 16oz cup at my desk everyday. I usually end up drinking 1-2 of those cups per hour until just after lunch time. I have to cap it off because of the potty issue :laugh: then I drink a couple of 16 oz bottles when I get home during exercise and meals. I agree that it gives you a full feeling and the more you drink, the more you will crave it. I have always enjoyed water, but now I opt for water instead of a soft drink most of the time.
  • LurayneMarie
    LurayneMarie Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I never drank water until I found out how much it can aid in weight loss. I have to keep telling myself to drink it every day just I like i have to keep telling myself not to eat 10 bars of chocolate or a burger and chips. Its part of my new diet and I have to do it.
    Best thing to do is carry a bottle with you ALL THE TIME and top it up regularly. I have a 500ml bottle that I fill up 4 times a day so I get my 8 glasses in. Its just something that you need to be aware of during the day and you need to tell yourself you have to drink it.
    I know how you feel about not being thirsty and most of the time Im not thirsty but I treat it like part of my meal or a snack. You can do it!! :)
  • isaiahxoxoender
    Options
    I drink alot of water!!! I crave it! I feel weird when I'm not drinking it lol. I was drinking two gallons for awhile there but have cut back to a gallon. Have you tried putting lemon in it? Anytime I sit down at the computer or to watch tv I have a cup of water with me. Its like a 16 oz cup so I don't have to keep getting up.
  • lilsweetslol
    lilsweetslol Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I fill up a 100 ounce jug ( reused spring water jug) each morning at my faucet and it has to be gone by the end of the day. I work in an office and drink two cups of coffee in the morning. so i know exactly what your dealing with.
    I've found i'm succesful when i wet my whistle with water as soon as I am up in the morning. whereas in the past i'd get up and have breakfast with coffee and not drink water until like 3pm.. haha I just didnt feel thirsty.

this way seems to be working awesome.. I carry that jug of water with my every where I go.. good luck to you:drinker:
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Flavored water, and at room temperature. I put one pack of a Crystal Light or Propel mix in a 32 oz bottle - the flavor isn't as strong because it's supposed to go in a 16 oz bottle - and try to have three a day.

If it's cold, I only sip at it. If it's room temp, I can guzzle it down. In fact, I had about half a bottle while typing this post. :drinker:
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    sip on it ALL.DAY.LONG. I average 4-5 litres every day and don't find it hard at all.