Drumstick recipe needed

Options
treeniemarie
treeniemarie Posts: 40 Member
Hey everyone.

I want to make chicken drumsticks for dinner tonight, but not sure how to make them. I want to try something different. Now I bake them, not fry. And I can't eat spicy foods or sea food, any suggestions would be great. PLease!

Replies

• bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    Caribbean Chix (from chef jeremy)

(I am using a whole cut up chix instead of the drummettes)

Prep Time:10 min
    Start to Finish:1 hr 10 min
    makes:24 servings

1/2 cup pineapple juice
    1/2 cup ketchup
    1/4 cup packed brown sugar
    1/4 cup teriyaki marinade and sauce
    1/4 cup honey
    2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
    2 lb chicken wing drummettes (about 24)

1. Heat oven to 350°F. Line 13x9-inch pan with foil.
    2. In 1-quart saucepan, heat all ingredients except chicken to boiling, stirring occasionally. Place chicken in pan; pour sauce over chicken.
    3. Bake uncovered about 1 hour, turning chicken 2 to 3 times, until juice of chicken is no longer pink when centers of thickest pieces are cut.
    4. Spray inside of 3 1/2- to 4-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. Place chicken in slow cooker. Cover and keep warm on Low heat setting up to 2 hours.

Nutritional Information
    1 Serving: Calories 80 (Calories from Fat 15); Total Fat 1 1/2g (Saturated Fat 1/2g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 40mg; Sodium 200mg; Total Carbohydrate 8g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 7g); Protein 10g
  • MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    Shake n bake =)
  • treeniemarie
    treeniemarie Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Thanks, i wonder if I can cut it a little, lol I only have four pieces I am cooking but it sounds great.

Thanks for the suggestions aznladie82; although shake and bake is a waste for me, lol I take the skin off once its cooked. Although Shake in bake would be better then my mom drowning the whole thing in bbq sauce.
  • crystaltrejo
    crystaltrejo Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    how about taking some FiberOne and making it into bread crumbs and season it, then dip the chicken into egg beaters and the crumbs and then bake it. I have done this with onion rings and I love them.
  • teracallaway1
    teracallaway1 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    thx sounds yummy
  • MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    Thanks, i wonder if I can cut it a little, lol I only have four pieces I am cooking but it sounds great.

Thanks for the suggestions aznladie82; although shake and bake is a waste for me, lol I take the skin off once its cooked. Although Shake in bake would be better then my mom drowning the whole thing in bbq sauce.

You could take the skin off and toss it into the dry mix?
  • bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    i take the skin off and then marinate or do the crispy stuff like shake and bake and or fiber one crushed up....no need for skin when you have the flavoring of the stuff you are adding...you can half my recipe totally to work for your needs or make the marinade and just use what you need...store the rest for something else...
  • ksabaka
    ksabaka Posts: 1
    Options
    reallly simple get lite balsamic dressing and put all your chicken legs(no skin) in with one bottle (I use Paul Newman brand ) and marinate overnight then grill! So delicions, also as a side you can grill some zucchini next to the chicken and use balsamic on that as well.