HAPPY HOUR!!!!!

Options
SO glad the weekend is here. Now off to a happy hour with friends...going to try to limit myself to two light beers and zero appetizers. Let's hope I don't blow it!

Replies

• SoldierDad
    SoldierDad Posts: 1,602
    Options
    You can do it. :-) Maybe just do 1 beer and just a couple small bits of something.
  • eandskp
    eandskp Posts: 54
    Options
    If everyone else is munching away, you could always ask for some celery as most places have hot wings and celery. This whole weekend is going to be happy hour for me so let's hope I can take my own advice! ;)
  • GooBeGone
    GooBeGone Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    don't 4get 2 drink water in between the beers :smile: it'll make u fill full as well. :tongue:
  • dakotasky
    dakotasky Posts: 21
    Options
    Good Luck! I try to drink as much water as possible and wait til I get home to make lower calorie drinks like the following:

Slammin' Slimmed-Down Strawberry Daiquiri
    PER SERVING (entire recipe): 121 calories, 0g fat, 10mg sodium, 4g carbs, 0.5g fiber, 2g sugars, 0g protein

One 2-serving packet (about 1 tsp.) sugar-free strawberry powdered drink mix (any variety, like Crystal Light Strawberry Kiwi or Energy Wild Strawberry)
    1 1/2 oz. white rum
    1/2 oz. lime juice
    3 frozen unsweetened strawberries, slightly thawed
    1 cup crushed ice or 5 - 8 ice cubes

Combine drink mix with 4 oz. cold water in a glass. Stir to dissolve. Transfer to a blender.

Add all other ingredients to the blender, and blend at high speed until slushy and uniform.

Pour into a glass and add a straw. Slurp that baby up!

MAKES 1 SERVING

Kickin' Cranberry Cosmo
    PER SERVING (entire recipe): 100 calories, 0g fat, 32mg sodium, 2g carbs, 0g fiber, 1g sugars, 0g protein

5 oz. diet cranberry juice drink (like Diet Ocean Spray)
    1 1/2 oz. vodka
    1 tsp. lime juice
    Optional garnish: lime slice

In a shaker filled with ice, combine juice drink, vodka, and lime juice. Shake it up and then strain into a large martini glass.

If you like, slap a lime slice on the rim. Enjoy!

MAKES 1 SERVING

So bump it , if you love it!!! Also check out hungry girl because this is where i got these recipe from!