chelsey728 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I'm definately in!!
  • lose40by40
    Options
    ME TOO!! :laugh:
  • sarahjrrr_
    Options
    I want to, but you know I've had difficulty losing lately and I don't think I could do it. ):
  • sarahjrrr_
    Options
    I want to, but you know I've had difficulty losing lately and I don't think I could do it. ):
  • RedE4Change
    Options
    I'm in too!! This will be a huge boost toward my 50lbs in 6 months goal. :)
  • JennS19
    JennS19 Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    I'm on board! We leave for vacation in 2 months so I'll aim for 20 lbs but still, I would be a happy girl if i could get that weight off before I left!!
  • dibley_98
    dibley_98 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Count me in too...I'm in a weight lose challenge in my home town and need to lose 40lbs in 4 months so 30 in 3 is a must. :o)
  • silhouetted25
    Options
    Add me into this also! :)
  • Greeneyez22
    Options
    count me in that is my goal 30 lbs in 3 months that would be awsome started going to the gym 2 weeks ago ND losted 14 lbs before i found this site .....congrads on the 10lbs it takes motovation... keep it up
  • MSWDiet
    MSWDiet Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Yay! I know it's quite a lot of weight in a short amount of time but I really want to give it a good go!
    I'm going on holiday on the 26th of June and flying economy, back in July last year I flew to LA, needed a seat belt extension (which was mortifying to ask for) and was so uncomfortable for the entire 10 hours. On the way home I ended up paying out to upgrade just because I was terrified of doing that again.

This time round I want to fit in the seat and not feel like I'm spilling out over the top or sitting on the lap of the poor person next to me!

Good luck everyone :)

Beccy xx

OK, COUNT ME IN. I WILL GIVE IT MY BEST. AS A FREQUENT TRAVELER I UNDERSTAND YOUR MOTIVATION. WHO KNOWS? PERHAPS THIS TIME AROUND AS I STICK TO MY PLAN I'LL REALLY LOOSE A FEW POUNDS A WEEK LIKE OTHER PEOPLE DO.

LETS ALL PROMISE TO SHARE WHAT'S WORKING FOR US. I DON'T NEED TO LOOSE A FULL THIRTY. HOWEVER, SINCE I LOOSE FRUSTRATINGLY SLOW HALF OF THAT WOULD HAVE ME DANCING IN THE STREETS.
  • HunnyLuvsJorge
    HunnyLuvsJorge Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I'll give it a go! I'm trying to lose around 15 lbs before my trip to Vegas in May so I might as well try to lose 30 by summer! It would be so great to buy a whole new summer wardrobe! :) ADD ME!!!!!!
  • MSWDiet
    MSWDiet Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    ANYONE WILLING TO SHARE THEIR DIET AND EXERCISE APPROACH? THIS IS AN AMBITIOUS GOAL AND I NEED A GOOD JUMP START. :flowerforyou: PLEASE?
  • corsayre8
    corsayre8 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    ANYONE WILLING TO SHARE THEIR DIET AND EXERCISE APPROACH? THIS IS AN AMBITIOUS GOAL AND I NEED A GOOD JUMP START. :flowerforyou: PLEASE?

Ok, generally I am not very public about my approach because I don't want to deal with others assuming they know my body and needs better than I do. So, that being said, this is working for me, but in no way am I suggesting it is what you should do.

I have lost 34 pounds since the second week in January. On average I eat about 1500 total calories a day, not net calories. Bi wanted to learn to eat at a level I could maintain my goal weight at, not to continue to have to cut calories as I lost more and more weight. I will allow myself to eat anything I want, but significantly limit my portions on things I consider treats. By in large I eat only whole foods, whole grains and such. When I do go for convenince foods, it is usually in the form of Kashi or other all natural products. I rarely waste calories on drinks, and usually drink 12 or more glasses of water a day. Amazing date nights and evenings out with the girls are an exception, and I budget for those throughout the day. I take a complete multivitamin and a calcium supplement.

I work out daily, and twice daily at least five times a week. In the ams, I hit the gym before work - forty minutes of cardio, and alternating body areas of strength training. And I'm not talking 5 pound dumbbells here. Then in the evenings, I run or take a spin or hot yoga class. If my body feels like it needs a break, I back of a bit or go for a walk, ride a horse or do yin yoga instead. I do not skip workouts all together as that can become a habit to easily.

My calorie deficits are usually much higher than that recommended here, but I monitor myself closely, as does my trainer. Not only have I lost a significant amount of weight, my whole body shape is changing. I am already having to buy new clothes. Both my strengh and endurance have improved. I can run over six miles, when before one was an impossibility. But beyond all that, my confidence is improving, and my mental state is much healthier and happier.

So again, I am not recommending you do it in this manner, but it is working for me. Aggressive for sure, but that is kind of how I am in many aspects of my life.
  • corsayre8
    corsayre8 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    So haven't seen any activity on here in a while, peole still up for the challenge? If so, anybody interested in doing some kind of weigh in, or other check in so we can help keep each other motivated and on track?
  • chelsey728
    chelsey728 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    So haven't seen any activity on here in a while, peole still up for the challenge? If so, anybody interested in doing some kind of weigh in, or other check in so we can help keep each other motivated and on track?

I'm still doing the challenge!!! I have it marked on my calendar that the first 30 days is up April 17th... can everyone post on the 18th with their progress??? right now I have 5.3 to loose before then to reach the 10lb mark