This is getting ridiculous

Options
Since before Christmas, I've been eating everything in sight. I've been neglecting MFP, I haven't been exercising, and I have barely been logging my calories. I'm gaining weight back. To the tune of 7 lbs in two months! I'm kind of getting desperate to stop, but it seems like I'm always eating out now, and i'm trying not to eat everything in front of me, but it's SOOOO GOOOOOD. Stupid food. Being all delicious. And I'm weak right now, apparently. I just can't let this keep happening. For my sanity, as well as my weight loss goals.

Any suggestions or support out there? I need backup! STAT! :sad:

Replies

• clothes_of_sand
    Options
    It was happening to me too. Don't stress, just get back on task. Do you like to cook? What helped me "get back on the wagon" was finding new, interesting recipes to try.
  • larson0185
    Options
    I do like to cook, but school is getting in the way of a lot of my time to do it. I need to get back on that! I need to really be able to quantify calories, at the heart of it.

Thanks for the idea!:happy:
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    Just stop it! STOP IT! Ignore the deliciousness and do what you really want to do, which is be healthy!
  • shellyrulz
    shellyrulz Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    When I know I am going to be eating out I get on the food log and type in the restaurant name of where I will be eating. I then choose the thing that best suits me. Also if I know I am eating out I actually get a Lean Cusine to have for lunch or dinner what ever meal I will be at home or work for. I know it is very discouraging but keep your head up. We are all here for you! :flowerforyou:
  • larson0185
    Options
    I like your approach. :) I think a reality check is what I've been needing all this time, too. Just the "you can NOT eat that today! You can eat that some other time, but you have to make decisions with your calorie allotment and STICK to them."

Thanks! :happy:
  • bethkampa
    bethkampa Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    One thing that helps me is to realize all the healthy good for me foods I really love and just have them instead of other unhealthy foods. Like, I try not to tell myself that I can't have something, I just think of something healthier that I also like and have that instead!
  • Bockety
    Bockety Posts: 21
    Options
    Crock pots are a great time saver! I used to work full time while going to school full-time. My crock pot was a lifesaver :)
  • amber_hanners
    amber_hanners Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    i deal with this to i think what helps is if i am craving something i first chug a bottle of water then wait 10 mins and see if im still hungry more often then not im to full to eat
  • larson0185
    Options
    Good call! Mine has been collecting dust.....:blushing:
  • KatieJoMoore
    Options
    The same thing happened to me! I had lost about 9lbs up until Thanksgiving, then it all just went downhill. I was eating EVERYTHING, horrible foods in large quanitities. The more I ate the worse I felt about myself which caused me to eat more! It was a terrible feeling. I couple weeks ago I decided I was sick of feeling uncomfortable in my own skin, so I got rid of all of the junk food in our house...threw it in the trash and took the trash out. No more chips, ice cream, candy or fatty tempting snack foods. Surprisingly, I had gained 6lbs over the course of 2.5 months, but it dropped off in just a couple of days, which was a great feeling! I think my body was just so loaded with junk and sodium that once I started drinking tons of water and eating right it flushed it right out. Also, don't know if this will work for everyone, but try buying a new shirt or something. My original weight loss began with a shopping spree that kick started my motivation to wanting to buy sexy clothes again. Maybe just tracking your eating for a couple of days will help get you back on track. I'm always too embarrassed to be over by 1000 cals that I force myself to eat good. Best of luck to you! Feel free to add me if you need some extra support :)
  • larson0185
    Options
    Thanks, everybody. I needed that. You're all so fabulous and you all bring up very valid and actionable points. Thank you thank you thank you! :D
  • scott608
    scott608 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Identify your top 3 "Trigger" foods, that really get you going. Decide for a time you're going to stay away from those completely. Everything else, and I mean everything... in moderation. Don't deprive yourself of good tastes... just learn to stay away from the binge eating.