Team UK - March 2011

Options

Replies

• Rosy67
    Rosy67 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I'm having quivers about my age for the first time- I was 44 three weeks ago and somehow fifty suddenly seems awfully close. The whole 40 'I'm a woman in my prime' thing is feeling a bit hollow. Existentialcrisis.com
    BUT I can still make the rest of my life the next HALF of my life....if I get my backside in gear and get as healthy as possible. I think that's a good enough reason to lose 80 lbs.
  • Garfy
    Garfy Posts: 41
    Options
    I'm 43 this year - but with 2 children aged 5 & nearly 4, I cannot afford to view myself as 'elderly!'

Age has fortunately never been something that has bothered me - life is too short to worry about it - you never know when your time is up, (my Mum died at 59), so my attitude is to make the most of it while I can.

I have fallen off the wagon a bit re my weight loss over the last few weeks. I seem to fluctuate up & down by 3 lbs, but as long as I don't exceed this & maintain my 20lbs Ioss I'm not stressing over it.

I will be starting my training for my 5k run in July soon, so hopefully that will give me a renewed boost (or I will eat for England as the exercise will make me hungry !).

Hope everyone has a good March 2nd half !
    Angie
  • lynz4589
    lynz4589 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Lost 1.6lbs today cant tell you how happy I am - after 3 weeks of 0.2 or 0.4 at most! Thyroid tablets are working yey!!
  • backinthenines
    backinthenines Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    Hello lovely peeps. :smile:

Thank God it's Friday.... it's been quite a week at work... the usual carnage 2 weeks before the end of the financial year... books to balance, underspends to fret about etc etc.
  • fimm
    fimm Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Oh, look, a team UK thread! (Not that I have anything against Americans, (or people from anywhere else for that matter), but I do find myself thinking "do I need to 'translate' that?" a bit...) And another triathlete :smile:
    I'm not going to join the north vs south thread, because I'm on here as much to track what I do eat and make sure I'm eating appropriately and the right stuff, as to loose weight, and I'd just bring the northern side down!
  • backinthenines
    Options
    LOL @ translations... yes!! I had an enquiry regarding one of my recipes... it included a whole swede as part of a stew...

er... no I don't boil whole Scandinavians as a general rule... that would be protein overload even for me... :huh:
    Apparently swede is "rutabaga" across the pond. :ohwell:

There are a good few few triafferletes of varying distances on here. :flowerforyou:

If you search the forum for "any triathletes" you get a number of recent threads.
  • fimm
    fimm Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    LOL at the boiled swede...
    I keep meaning to do a search for triathletes! (If you see what I mean).
  • smileylittleorange
    smileylittleorange Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Well hellooo Friday - Im so glad its here - can i just say I hate PMT !!!! Even though been getting plenty of fruit veg exercise and taking a Ginseng supplement and multivit I am still so very very tired, bloated, crampy , crabby and the scales are still not moving grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Help !! I am eating my exercise cals back like a good girl too so I should have enough energy

:noway:

I think I may just stay in bed tommorow morning and sleep and then watch Christmas Glee again lol!!! Hope evryone has a nice weekend!!!!
  • backinthenines
    Options
    I keep meaning to do a search for triathletes! (If you see what I mean).

I'll send you a friend request and then you'll find most of them in my list... As ever they are the people with big numbers written on their arms & legs etc. :laugh:
  • backinthenines
    Options
    Clems...
    PMT is just one of those things. Despite good eating, supplements etc etc I still feel louse around that time. It's the week before that's worst for me in terms of energy slump and retaining water like a camel. The moment it's "there" I'm fine again. :ohwell:
  • fcj1976
    fcj1976 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hi Team UK,

I'm Matt from Sheffield and I started MFP in Feb!

I've lost 20lbs in the last five weeks!

I didn't realise there was a Team UK, sorry for the late arrival!!!

Matt
  • Rosy67
    Options
    Hi Matt!
    Good to have another Sheffielder on board. There're quite a few of us :smile:
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    weigh in day tomorrow! anything i lose now is a bonus! lol, just hoping i havent gained!

are we still sending rosy a message or are we putting our new weights on here?
  • Rosy67
    Options
    Just stick it on the Spring Challenge thread- I'll do the table from the posts on there

Ros x
  • rachie78sw
    Options
    Morning guys, it is a beautiful morning here in South Wales, which is ace as I start training today, because for some reason I have decided to do Cardiff half marathon in October.... oh well it is a challenge.

When do we need to post spring challenge way ins?

Have a fab day everyone x
  • backinthenines
    Options
    Rachie, Cardiff is a nice course. Flat as a pancake. Nice mix of course from the Bay to the park etc. Last year they messed up the measuring of the course and it was short, meaning people could not use their good for age times to get London places, so there was outrage, but am sure they'll sort that out this year.

My man will be running it again after running 1.17.18 last year, but i said i wasn't going to race this year and let my body recover. Not sure. Will see how my running goes. Am only doing hour runs at the moment. :ohwell:
  • emlov81
    emlov81 Posts: 128
    Options
    I agree the Cardiff is a good half....I am definitely doing it this year, did it in 2009 missed out on 2010 as the places filled up very quickly (and i left it til the last minute....oops!!!)

In a much better place fitness wise, so looking forward to it!!!

Not training much this weekend though, but will be running around after y niece in the park!!!

Have a nice weekend everyone!!!:bigsmile:
  • backinthenines
    Options
    The thing is my knees are still way too musical for my liking... I really don't like going long at the moment because they always feel a bit crunchy next day. I'm supplementing Glucosamine, Chrondroitin & MSM at the moment and hoping that will help it.
  • rachie78sw
    Options
    Thanks both I am glad that it is a pretty good course. Never done anything like this in my life, but I am so excited to be doing it. But I do have to register which will do next week.

Enjoyed run/walk this morning, cannot wait for next one.

I have been taking Glucosamine for a while as I do a lot of zumba and found my knees played up. HAve bought some cod liver now to help the joints :blushing:

xx
  • lynz4589
    lynz4589 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    bracing myself for tomorrow - heading to the seaside for an engagement portrait shoot (I run my own photography business) and with the ideas I have in mind for this couple its going to be an active hour! I have also planned a packed lunch and going to stay behind for at least an extra hour to walk along the rocky beach - will stay longer if the weather behaves itself! Looking forward to it as I dont get going here often but everytime I do go its FREEZING!