Team UK - March 2011

Options

Replies

• lesley1981
    lesley1981 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    You're doing so well Lesley! How many dress sizes did you lose?

I'm kicking myself I never took measurements. My weight hasn't moved for a while, although I'm not sure, since my new scales last week I was up 3 lbs and now down again 2 lbs. So still 1 lb above my "old-scales"-weight. If I had taken measurements I would have had more of an idea.
    Bought a pair of size 12 work trousers though. They're still too tight for comfort, but it's only a matter of a few lbs now. :glasses:

I started as a 16-18 depending on the brand, I'm now a 10-12 (although my Bench jeans are a 14 and fit me perfectly)!

I didn't carry a lot of weight on my middle, my bum was HUGE though :laugh: I'm more in proportion now thankfully :smile:

Taking measurements is a truer reflection than weight alone, but if there's a difference in your cloths that's as good an indication as any!

Lynz... I hope you're feeling loads better soon xx
  • backinthenines
    backinthenines Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    Morning.

Blimey wasn't it windy this morning... :noway:

I almost flew across the gym car park...
  • whiskey9890
    whiskey9890 Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    Whiskey, whereabout in Cheshire are you? My man lives in Nantwich at the moment and works for Bentley in Crewe. :smile:

i'm in middlewich so not far away at all
  • chazsucks
    chazsucks Posts: 170
    Options
    It still is windy! my windows are rattling... was going to take littleuns out for a walk but i think not! they might get blown away.

Thrown my scales in the bin. they keep saying different measurements, step on and they say one weight, get off then on again and say about 3 stone different - ridiculous.

Went to boots instead to get weighed (and body fat % etc so was cool!) = turns out im about 2 stone heavier than my scales told me i was so i feel slightly miserable today. I now have 100lbs to lose
  • Mairgheal
    Mairgheal Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Just back from a fierce walk in my lunchbreak, and I've a headache now from that wind. I even got rained on a little. Bloody hell, this is SO not me, this I-have-to-go-on-a-daily-walk-no-matter-what :laugh:

Lesley, wow, that must be just the best feeling, a size 10-12! I'll be happy when I'm a comfortable size 12, but you never know, I might go on a bit.

Ah sorry to hear that Lynz, chin up hey!

Chazucks, 2 stone in a difference, waaaah, and that's me moaning about 3 lbs difference :ohwell:
    I got some good scales in Argos last week, they do the bodyfat and BMI etc as well, not that dear either.
  • Annerea
    Annerea Posts: 104
    Options
    Hi all. Weighed in today and 1.6lbs off, so happy enough.

We have a work do to go to tonight so will soon be leaving for the hairdressers, although if the wind hasn't died a bit I might as well not bother! Anyway, free food and drink :drinker: so it's a good thing I have another week til my next weigh in...
  • backinthenines
    Options
    Went to boots instead to get weighed (and body fat % etc so was cool!) = turns out im about 2 stone heavier than my scales told me i was so i feel slightly miserable today. I now have 100lbs to lose

WOW... how can a scale be out by 2 stone...??? I mean that's 28 pounds? :huh:
  • piamaria85
    Options
    Hi, can i join?

I only started logging last week. I've got 30lb left to lose. I only lost 1lb in week 1 but that was just with exercise as i didn't change my diet much to begin with.

I walk to Boots every Monday to get weighed too, my scales were out by half a stone, so i was heavier than i thought :( Gutted. Binned them now
  • backinthenines
    Options
    Whiskey, whereabout in Cheshire are you? My man lives in Nantwich at the moment and works for Bentley in Crewe.
    i'm in middlewich so not far away at all

That's very close. :smile:

I've done the two sprint triathlons that are run from the open air pool in Nantwich for a few years running (in fact that's where I first met my man). I'm normally 4 days in Cardiff and 3 days in Nantwich. I'm hoping to be able to move up within a year, but selling my house is proving to be a right drag with the current housing market.
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    You're doing so well Lesley! How many dress sizes did you lose?

I'm kicking myself I never took measurements. My weight hasn't moved for a while, although I'm not sure, since my new scales last week I was up 3 lbs and now down again 2 lbs. So still 1 lb above my "old-scales"-weight. If I had taken measurements I would have had more of an idea.
    Bought a pair of size 12 work trousers though. They're still too tight for comfort, but it's only a matter of a few lbs now. :glasses:

I started as a 16-18 depending on the brand, I'm now a 10-12 (although my Bench jeans are a 14 and fit me perfectly)!

I didn't carry a lot of weight on my middle, my bum was HUGE though :laugh: I'm more in proportion now thankfully :smile:

Taking measurements is a truer reflection than weight alone, but if there's a difference in your cloths that's as good an indication as any!

Lynz... I hope you're feeling loads better soon xx

same here! started off as a 16, now down to a 10! and 12 bottoms on some brands. i find dorothy perkins to be quite generous as their 12s fall off me! so may have to investigate and try on a 10! eek! cant believe i can say that now! this time last year i couldnt get the 12s past my knees!

also agree with measuring. helps me to keep motivated when the scales dont budge
  • M_lifts
    Options
    weigh in for me on sat! fingers crossed for a weight loss, im sooo close to goal which im very excited about! ive not been 9st since 2007 when i got married!

hope everyone is ok. weather is a bit hit and miss, sunny and then bitterly cold! thankfully im in uniform so dont have to worry abt what to wear to work everyday!
  • lrns88
    lrns88 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Morning all,

Finally reached my 2nd goal today, got below 11 stone 10lbs - it's taken a fair few weeks but finally there! Set my 3rd goal for 11 stone 5.5lbs so I would have lost 1 stone by then.

So happy it's friday - really need the weekend as work is manic and I feel like I'm coming down with something :(

Hope you all have a great day :)

xx
  • Rosy67
    Rosy67 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Thought I'd better check in and let you know I am still alive- just had busy period at work and internet has remained dodgy on the laptop I am using now....
    Apologies to anyone who has messaged me about the Numpties vs Softies and hasn't had a reply- it's just I kept writing replies and then getting chucked off the internet when i tried to send them :grumble: :grumble: :grumble:

It's lovely to see so many new peeps on the UK thread :)

It's amazing how much the dodgy internet has affected my motivation....I've been really struggling since my birthday at the end of Feb and put 6lbs back on over 2 weeks, but have lost 2 of them again. I know that what is going to make the difference this time is not staying perfect all the time, but finding a way to keep natural lapses as short as possible (damage limitation!) so they don't turn into relapses (or collapses!!!!) Thank heaven for the N vs S challenge- at least I was forced to keep trying to log on!

The first Northern Numpties vs Southern Softies challenge ends tomorrow, but personally I would like to do another one straight after, just because it did help me keep in touch with MFP. Someone suggested perhaps an exercise challenge rather than a weight loss one, but I've had new people asking to join the challenge who I've told will be able to join the next, so the weight loss idea is popular.

If I do a weight loss one for the rest of March and April (ie starting Sunday March and ending Saturday 30th April), does anyone else fancy running an exercise Numpty vs Softy challenge?

Send me a message if you want to be included in the new Spring (March/ April) biggest loser challenge.
    I'll do it similarly to the first one, except that I can't undertake to chase people up now I'm back at work. Also, I was wondering if it would work better if people posted their weight updates on the challenge thread, rather than sending me a message. Thoughts, anyone?

Ros x
  • Mairgheal
    Mairgheal Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on the weight losses!!

I *know* I lost as well, got THREE people complimenting me this morning already and it's only 10.15 - what a Boost! - but on my new scales I'm still a teeny-weeny bit up from my weight of last week on my old scales, so on paper I've gained but I know I've actually lost 2.5 lbs (still following me? :laugh: ).
    Ah well, the numbers don't matter, the fact that my trousers are practically falling off my *kitten* at the moment are enough proof for me!

Lesley and Maria, you're such inspirations to me, because I started off at a 16 as well (not that I ever bought a size 16, I just squeezed my huge *kitten* into a 14) and 10-12 is exactly what I'm aiming for. So, so close to a 12 now, just dying for those last few pounds to melt off.

Oh, does anyone know, I'll be in London next week for 6 days, so won't have internet (live in Ireland) and don't want to have data roaming on on my iPhone. I will be logging offline and if I can see wifi anywhere I can sync, but is there a way you can put your account here on "notice" or something, like that you're still here, just can sync?
  • backinthenines
    Options
    I managed to squeeze my butt back into some old size 10 combats this morning. Yay... I really loved those which I why I kept them...

Strange that my inches are coming off far quicker than my pounds on the scale... I can SEE that I'm shrinking and those areas which had less body fat like arms and shoulders are getting nice and muscular again, but the scale is creeping at a snails pace. I reckon I'm lucky to get half a pound out of this week...

Having another body composition test done next week by my PT. The last one was about 6 weeks ago, so we'll see what BF% to lean mass ratio looks like.

PS quite definitely getting stronger again though... back to full press ups on toes and 100lb squats.
  • M_lifts
    Options
    woop woop! 2.5lbs off for me! now 8st 13.5! my goal was 9st! so in pounds its 125.5lbs! im going to go for 8st 12lbs so another 1.5lbs before i maintain!
  • chiccaroline
    chiccaroline Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Congratulations mariababe!

Just stumbled across this group, thought I'd say hi. Born and bred South Londoner which I guess makes me a southern softie
  • poorcopies
    poorcopies Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I'm also from the UK (midlands!) so I thought I would pop in and say hey!
  • lynz4589
    lynz4589 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    ^ well done on reaching your goal - what a great achievement!

Cant believe we had snow last night - after all those lovely sunny days?!?!

Heading to the market today to pick up some fresh meat, fruit and veg then going swimming, hoping to get in about 30 laps today. Only lost 0.2lbs this week. So annoying!! Have to remember that its being sick and having this thyroid problem now, hopefully tablets will kick in soon and I will see a difference!

Hope your all having a good weekend!
  • lrns88
    lrns88 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    woop woop! 2.5lbs off for me! now 8st 13.5! my goal was 9st! so in pounds its 125.5lbs! im going to go for 8st 12lbs so another 1.5lbs before i maintain!

AMAZING!!!! well done!! xxx