Team UK - March 2011

Options

Replies

• chazsucks
    chazsucks Posts: 170
    Options
    Hmmm this will be the first pancake day i haven't made about 50 pancakes and poured a kilo of sugar and lemon juice on top.

Any actual healthy and yummy toppings for pancakes?!
  • emlov81
    emlov81 Posts: 128
    Options
    I think buying the strong chocolate is the way forward, harder to binge on as it has a stonger flavour!!!
    I know a couple of the spin instructors there... my mate Steve who also teaches at FF and Richard who I used to know through Cardiff Tri club. Any one of those?

Richard Wilder?!? They married last summer....
  • Mairgheal
    Mairgheal Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I just go for very very thin layers of nutella, syrup, jam. I love savory ones as well, with cheese and bacon, but reckon I'll skip those this time!

On another note, what calories would you gestimate are in the pancakes? I'm not making them myself this year, but it will be the average bog standard plain thin pancake. Would 70 calories be about right?
  • backinthenines
    backinthenines Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    I think buying the strong chocolate is the way forward, harder to binge on as it has a stonger flavour!!!
    I know a couple of the spin instructors there... my mate Steve who also teaches at FF and Richard who I used to know through Cardiff Tri club. Any one of those?

Yes Rich. Good instructor. I don't know his wife personally but have seen her on the treadmill when I used to train up there and she is one fiendishly fast runner!!
  • emlov81
    Options

Yes Rich. Good instructor. I don't know his wife personally but have seen her on the treadmill when I used to train up there and she is one fiendishly fast runner!!

Ha ha ha ...... yes she is!!!!
    I have her to thank for my running addiction!!!

A well matched pair....
  • gillleeman
    gillleeman Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Lrns - I picked up that Sainsburys recipe card last night and thought the risotto looked lovely. Must try it out.

My hubby is insisting I make pancakes tonight, and what makes it worse is that I'm meeting my BF for dinner in Wagamamas also. Guess I'll be over today then (and it's only 9.15!!)

I'm hoping BF in this post means best mate, not boyfriend - if not, woop woop for having a husband and a boyfriend :)

xxx
    I was thinking EXACTLY the same thing LOL :bigsmile:
  • gillleeman
    gillleeman Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Hmmm this will be the first pancake day i haven't made about 50 pancakes and poured a kilo of sugar and lemon juice on top.

Any actual healthy and yummy toppings for pancakes?!
    Tonight I topped mine with banana, 100% peanut butter, fage greek 0% yogurt and drizzle of honey OMG they were gorgeous and sooo filling.
  • emlov81
    Options
    I decided to give the pancake thing a miss this year....got fruit and yoghurt instead!!!

May have a celebratory pancake when i get under 12stone!!!!
  • backinthenines
    Options
    Yes, the funny thing is my other half is also called Richard, is also a baldie, and runs a very similar pace to RW (1:17 for Cardiff Half), so your friend and I must have a remarkably similar taste in men. LOL RW is quite a bit chunkier than my man though who has more of a fell runner's build. :laugh:
  • backinthenines
    Options
    I decided to give the pancake thing a miss this year....got fruit and yoghurt instead!!!

hahaha they were doing free pancake's at my gym but I didn't have one before RPM... there was a risk it would have come back over the handlebars! :sick:
  • emlov81
    Options
    Free pancakes in the gym!!!!! :noway:

I should get to Fitness First...actually i'd get a stitch or see it again soon !!! :smile:
  • lrns88
    lrns88 Posts: 151 Member
    Options

I should get to Fitness First...actually i'd get a stitch or see it again soon !!! :smile:

surely thats counter productive?! it's like hanging toffee apples on a string in front of you on the treadmill!
  • emlov81
    Options

surely thats counter productive?! it's like hanging toffee apples on a string in front of you on the treadmill!

Such a funny idea.....:laugh:
  • backinthenines
    Options

pmsl... yeah it keeps them in business I guess!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Annerea
    Annerea Posts: 104
    Options

That's SUCH a good idea - I can see my speed really improving with that!!
  • backinthenines
    Options
    Good morning UK folk. :flowerforyou:

Has anybody else noticed that it gets light so much earlier now? :smile:
  • lesley1981
    lesley1981 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Good morning from bright and sunny NI!

I was laughing to myself a little yesterday... NI was on the news for the right reason yesterday! A visit from Wills and Kate! Lo and behold, it was raining during their visit! It hasn't rained in AGES, and it rains when we're on the news!

I've been feeling very motivated recently, to the point that I was considering doing some more exercise at around 10 o'clock last night... there's definitely something wrong with me! I would never have considered missing Shameless in favour of exercise before!
  • Annerea
    Annerea Posts: 104
    Options
    Good morning from bright and sunny NI!

I was laughing to myself a little yesterday... NI was on the news for the right reason yesterday! A visit from Wills and Kate! Lo and behold, it was raining during their visit! It hasn't rained in AGES, and it rains when we're on the news!

I've been feeling very motivated recently, to the point that I was considering doing some more exercise at around 10 o'clock last night... there's definitely something wrong with me! I would never have considered missing Shameless in favour of exercise before!

Bright and sunny...and bloody freezing!! I cant believe how cold it is today (it's good I can complain about the cold on Team UK, safe in the knowledge that no-one from the US is going to point out that they're under 6ft of snow...)

Where are you in NI Lesley?
  • smileylittleorange
    smileylittleorange Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Good morning all!! This is my tenth day in a row for logging in !! I am enjoying reading this thread but find it hard to keep up - very busy!! So sorry peeps just want to say you are all doing really well it seems!! March must be the month to put a spring in our steps ! Have given up chocolate for lent so i had a galaxy ripple last night with a nice milky cup of tea - was lovely and I was still within my calorie count. Having read the stuff about eating you exercise calories and you BMR yadaa yadaa I have decided against setting myself too low a calorie goal - we will just have to wait and see. I so so want to be looking nice and not frumpy for Camp Bestival! Sussex Bookshops (Great British Bookshops) are closing down so I picked up Lisa Jackson's "adore yourself slim" for £1.50 Bargain!!!it has this hypnotherapy cd which at first I scoffed at but i have listened to it a couple of times and it is sooo relaxing - problem is im so relaxed im sure i fall asleep and cant remember half of it - I hope my subconscious is working on it lol!! I felt really annoyed when husband burst in the bedroom last night and woke me up from my hypnotic trance ( i then rushed to turn it off - didnt want him to hear it) Im still in a bad mood today!!! The book is really good and has some great ideas in it - the author contributed to running made easy so that's one i'd recommend!

How is everyone else doing - what have you given up (if anything ) for lent!! Im not particularly religous - but we always did it at school - and for some reason still do it!
  • Alice37
    Alice37 Posts: 29
    Options
    Hi
    I'm brand new to the site, so looking for friends & support to keep me on track! It's fab there's people from all over the place on here - but also great to find a UK thread!
    Good luck this month everybody!
    Alice :-)