Hummous

Options
fishndad
fishndad Posts: 102 Member
I don't know if I spelled this right, but what is it? I've seen people talk about it, saw it in the store & it looks terrible, but that doesn't mean it tastes that way. I've just never had it before & don't want to spend $ on something I wouldn't like. I like guacamole if that helps. Is it kind of like that?

Replies

• debbieboylan
    Options
    its more like bean dip
  • annflynt
    annflynt Posts: 1
    Options
    Hummus is a middle eastern dip made out of chick peas. It is delicious in my opinion. See if can find a small container to try.
    i have seen snack sized containers.
  • NMandaMarie
    NMandaMarie Posts: 234 Member
    Options
  • halphord
    halphord Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Its basically pureed chick peas...mixed with various flavors, etc.
    I personally hate it, but I think I am in the minority. I think tons of people really love it.
  • xerinx2011
    xerinx2011 Posts: 222
    Options
    Its chickpeas blitzed with lemon,garlic and tahini (seseme paste) it does have olive oil in too normally but you can buy a lighter version.

Or you could make it yourself!

I love the stuff!!
  • HealthierMamasita
    HealthierMamasita Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    Hummus is mashed up chick peas with tahini(sesame seeds paste), lemon juice, garlic and other spices.
    I love the roasted red pepper hummus. I was a bit skeptical to try hummus because of the way it looked. I first tried the garlic hummus and I was not a fan. So I heard lots of people say how great the roasted red pepper hummus was and they were right!
  • BobbyDaniel
    BobbyDaniel Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    LOVE hummus! The roasted garlic is one of my favorites, we usually eat it with pita chips or pretzel crisps. Just watch your serving sizes.
  • Bootzey
    Bootzey Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Seriously.... Its delicious. If you like chickpeas get it
  • Barelmy
    Barelmy Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    I like lemon and coriander houmous with high-baked water biscuits. I used to snack on crackers and cheese, as an omni, and this is vegan and low cal.:D I find the lemon and coriander houmous is quite strong-tasting so I only need a bit.
  • ron2282
    ron2282 Posts: 2,772 Member
    Options
    I love it! I personally think the kind you buy in the store taste horrible, but that's just because I'm Arabic and I'm used to my moms homemade stuff.
  • danyotennis
    Options
    i love hummous. I know people use it a lot as a dip, but I use it to replace mayonnaise in my sandwiches. Very tasty and less calories :wink: