Apple-Cinnamon Oatmeal Pancakes

Options
mrscates
mrscates Posts: 559 Member
Apple-Cinnamon Oatmeal Pancakes

In a medium bowl, combine 1/4 cup steel-cut oats and 1/3 cup skim milk and let stand 5 minutes. Add 1/4 cup grated apple and 1 beaten egg. In small bowl, mix together 2 teaspoons wheat germ, 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon, and 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons whole-grain pancake mix. Slowly add dry ingredients to oat mixture. In a medium skillet, heat 2 teaspoons canola oil over medium heat. Add 1/4 of the batter and cook, flipping once, until pancake is lightly browned on both sides; repeat. Makes 4 small pancakes (2 servings). Serve with 1/3 cup nonfat Greek yogurt mixed with 1 teaspoon brown sugar.

Replies

• nancymmorris
    Options
    I make these pancakes also. They are so yummy!! You can add finely chopped walnuts and a tbls of flax to get those ingredients in your diet also.
  • karilynn27
    karilynn27 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Genie30
    Genie30 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Sounds good! How many calories are they?
  • jenbk2
    jenbk2 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    I was just going to post that i made awesome pancakes this morning- but your recipie sounds way better than mine ! what are the calories in these?
  • Mandakat17
    Mandakat17 Posts: 105
    Options
    bump
  • SarahR1984
    SarahR1984 Posts: 212
    Options
    bump
  • mrscates
    mrscates Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    Not sure. once I make it I will know. I think around 300 calories since on fitness.com it said 300 calorie breakfast.
    I was just going to post that i made awesome pancakes this morning- but your recipie sounds way better than mine ! what are the calories in these?
  • Vixxta
    Vixxta Posts: 31
    Options
    bumpin that
  • krissy_pooo
    krissy_pooo Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    bump YUM
  • nseuell
    nseuell Posts: 110
    Options
    Sounds delish- thanks!