Is anyone tracking their "In 5 weeks you'll weigh".....?

Options
2»

Replies

• schninie82
    schninie82 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Don't forget to change your settings every now and then, so that MFP recognizes you've lost some weight, and adjusts your calories downward. It took me a while to figure out the connection between your allowance and the amount of weight you'll lose (or won't if its still based on your higher weight):blushing:

When does it adjust calories downwards? I dont think Ive seen that before?
  • shannonshock13
    shannonshock13 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I eat ALL of my calories and it tells me that in 5 weeks i'll weigh almost 15-20 lbs less...... i highly doubt that

But, oh how i wish it were true :D
  • kao708
    kao708 Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    it changes daily and is unpredictable, i find it a horrible way to gage what i will actually be in 5weeks.
    Agreed...it's not realistic to think that I'm going to eat and work out exactly the same every day for 5 weeks so I don't really pay attention. It is a good reality check, on those high calorie days, to see that I could gain if I continue like that.
  • kao708
    kao708 Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    If you are set to "guided" goals MFP should adjust it for you about every 10 pounds. If you are set to "custom" goals, I believe it prompts you at those intervals to change it, but you might want to monitor that if you are using custom goals as I'm not and haven't received those prompts.
  • meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options
    I track them and in general have been about 1-3 lbs lower. I also take the week's average (obviously if I have a particularly high or low day it's not going to be very accurate). But it's not meant to be a measurement so much as an encouragement kind of thing.
  • ronjaa
    ronjaa Posts: 65
    Options
    That doesn't work for me unfortunately :(
  • schninie82
    schninie82 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    If you are set to "guided" goals MFP should adjust it for you about every 10 pounds. If you are set to "custom" goals, I believe it prompts you at those intervals to change it, but you might want to monitor that if you are using custom goals as I'm not and haven't received those prompts.

Where do I get the guided goals from?
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    That's just a guideline if every day were exactly the same, and all your tracking is 100% accurate, and MFP's estimation of your maintenance calories is correct.

If you've been pretty consistent over a 5 week period, look back and take an average. How many lbs have you lost in those 5 weeks? How many lbs/week was your target? The actual should be pretty darn close to the target (if you've been pretty consistent). If they're not, it may be time to fine tune a few things or change up some habits.

For me, I'm targeting 1lb/week and it's been pretty spot on. But I am constantly fine-tuning.
  • Kkmama
    Kkmama Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    I have been putting the "in 5 weeks" number in my food diary in the notes section and I just checked what it said for Feb 12th and I am actually .5 lb lighter than what it said I would weigh. Am looking forward to seeing what it says in 5 weeks again!
  • Mads1997
    Mads1997 Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    The ones I tracked 2 were pretty close and the other 2 I hit the weight in 4 weeks instead of 5