Chocolate

Options
2»

Replies

• HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    I saw this post this morn and then got an email from Healthy America today for chocloate lovers recipes - I have not looked at them, but you might want to!

http://www.eatbetteramerica.com/search.aspx?criteria=eight-chocolate-treats&WT.dcsvid=MzYwNTQ2NDA2MAS2&rvrin=DCFDE9FA-437B-4BDE-8EBE-479DADD69A0A&WT.mc_id=Newsletter_EBA_2010_12_01_Cookie_Feature
    haha I got the same one and almost shared, glad U did!:laugh:
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    You can find the cocoa almonds in with the other nuts at the grocery store. Emerald's should be illegal. I saw another brand in the store too, but don't remember what.
    Thank you!! Here's to hoping they aren't "too" tasty... :noway: :laugh:
  • HerbieSue
    Options
    Ghiradelli bittersweet chocolate chips. They are in the baking aisle. If you just each one chip at a time you can get a pretty good chocolate fix for not too much damage!

WISH I had the willpower to do that!!!!
  • jillybeanruns
    jillybeanruns Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    Chocolate covered almonds/expresso beans...but count them out/weigh them BEFORE you start consuming. They are healthier and have fiber, healthier fats, etc...

Also Blue Diamond Dark Chocolate almonds (lightly dusted) are divine.

Buy a dark chocolate (72% and up) bar of good chocolate. And have a square or two at a time. I like the Ghiradelli squares myself and 4 are 220 calories I believe. Individually packaged makes it easier to resist!
  • JaydeSkye
    JaydeSkye Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I buy bittersweet baking chips and literally eat them piece by piece.

Also, Kashi TLC bars - cherry chocolate granola, usually takes care of the chocolate cravings..

Lately I've been getting it BAD too so I bought some fat-free pudding. Haven't made it yet. No idea what that'll taste like. Maybe try it tonight and let you know!
  • Silvergamma
    Silvergamma Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    MY sweet tooth is a big issue. What I've found has helped prevent me from binging on sweets is that once a week I buy a really nice dark chocolate bar, I break it into three, and get an actual chunk of nice chocolate on the days I work out. A Dagoba Chocolate bar comes out to be around 110 cals, 9 grams of fat and 7 grams of sugar for 1/3 of a bar.
  • Yarnpiggie
    Options
    The cocoa roasted almonds are in one of the 100-calorie packs. They are in a green box (and usually on the top shelf at my Target.) :-)

I bought them once as a treat for one of my diabetic employees and decided to try them myself. I actually expected them to be bad. They are bad... but in the way that makes me want to eat the whole box...lol.
  • nseuell
    nseuell Posts: 110
    Options
    Bump- yum!
  • renesuny
    renesuny Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    A friend recommended tootsie roll pops which I love. I am going to try them.
  • army_cobra
    army_cobra Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Protein Chocolate brownies, nobake cookies are oh so yummy
  • lmleo
    lmleo Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Had the same problem and have tried a lot of different things. The only thing that seems to work for me are the Chocolate Frosted Mini Wheats cereal. They are about 4 calories per square (I rounded up) and I usually eat about 10 squares dry for a forty calorie chocolate snack that is high in fiber.
  • Cbandelier
    Cbandelier Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Try this.. it's absolutely delicious!!
    Chocolate Pumpkin Muffins
    1 can pure pumpkin
    1 box spice cake mix
    1 cup water
    1 tsp vanilla
    1.5 tsp cinnamon
    --add a few chocolate semi sweet chips (i'd say 5 or 6 a muffin)
    Bake in muffin papers for 25 minutes at 350 degrees
    Under 120 calors per muffin. Not back for a snack/dessert and you get a good fruit in there- the pumpkin!

Use a chocolate cake mix for more chocolatey-ness. I've made it with just the cake mix and the can of pumpkin, no other ingredients. Very dense, moist and good.
  • deeharley
    deeharley Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    My own "trail mix" satisfies my cravings:
    1/4 cup walnuts, 1/4 cup raisins, 2 Tbsp, semi-sweet chocolate chips.

And I'm definitely going to try some of these other suggestions.