It's GONE!

Options
After actually having tears come to my eyes cuz I was so nervous to get on the scale this morning I went through w/ it. I'm glad I did cuz I have lost 8 lbs in 1 week. I'm super happy right now. I was nervous because I'm the type of person that will just quit dieting and give up if I see no results but when I see the number go down I keep going. I'm so happy, just had to brag a little!! :bigsmile:

Replies

• mom2claudia
    Options
    Congrats! That's quite a decrease in just one week.
  • ANeWcRe8N
    ANeWcRe8N Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    Thats awesome!! Keep it up and just remember it isnt a diet.. its a lifestyle change. Diets will only work for a bit. Congrats! :)
  • Staceslim
    Staceslim Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Great job must feel wonderful.:flowerforyou:
  • callipygianchronicle
    callipygianchronicle Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I’m glad you saw the results you were hoping for. In time, you may find that there are better measures of success than the scale, and you will not let its rises and falls derail you from your health and fitness goals.
  • RajwaJ
    RajwaJ Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Its things like that that keep us motivated. I would suggest to measure yourself as well and keep track of that. Sometimes you will have lost weight but the scales say different. :)
  • bayles1
    bayles1 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Wow,that is some loss.Really well done.:smile:
  • Kirstie_C26
    Kirstie_C26 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    fantastic loss :D keep up the great work xx
  • MelissaG36
    Options
    Way to Go!! Woot Woot!!
  • jlsAhava
    jlsAhava Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    That's an awesome loss! Great job!

Just be sure to keep your expectations realistic so you don't fall of the wagon in the future. Here's a thread I've found very helpful in helping to manage expectations, and hopefully stay stronger in the long run.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/9433-expectations
  • Ebelstad
    Ebelstad Posts: 9
    Options
    Go you! I've been doing this a week and am so scared to step on the scale. Maybe in a week I might. :)
  • reneeot
    reneeot Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    awesome!!!
  • owlwomyn
    owlwomyn Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Well done! Please don't get discouraged and quit if you do not see a loss once in a while (or even a gain, it happens!)..as long as you stay on track this new lifestyle change DOES work! If you fall off the wagon, climb right back on! Stay focused and remember the saying "Nothing tastes as good as thin feels!" Keep up the good work!
  • ImperfektAngel
    ImperfektAngel Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Yay! same happened for me during the first two weeks :D It slows down after the first week, but as long as you eat right, exercise and you keep doing this, you should see a steady drop in weight :D There will be days no progress will show on that scale, I try and only weigh in every two weeks. Keep up the great work!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!