The most beautiful scars.

Options
I was thinking about this summer and how AWESOME I am going to look. :happy: But then I started to think about all the stretch marks I have. I mean I was a tiny little thing before I got pregnant. I was a size 0-1 before I got pregnant so I got a lot of stretch marks. Should they slow me down? I even have them on my arms and I'm even embarrased to wear a short sleeve shirt let alone a bikini!

Replies

• skinnyme125
    skinnyme125 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    like you said they are the most beautiful scars. Just put some vitamin E on them and there are some other things you can put on them to lighten them up. But after that wear them proud. They are why you body was able to give you such a wonderful gift of child.
  • missy1970eb
    missy1970eb Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    im sure know one else will even notice them, just have confidence in urself and it dosent matter what anyone else thinks:smile:
  • MissSakeenah
    MissSakeenah Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Anytime I start whining about any stretch marks that I got from pregnancy, I say are you kidding me! Your body housed a human being!!!
  • cem2168
    cem2168 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    everyone has them! its okay. You're going to look great and feel great so dont even think about them! they are definitely easy to make better too. what causes stretch marks is when the skin stretches quickly and isn't able to catch up as quick. be sure to drink plenty of water and moisturize them a ton with things like shea butter, cocoa butter (palmers makes a great one!) or other moisturizers (i like gold bond ultimate healing...super thick and absorbs really well into the skin!) and some say that when you get a tan (although...i always use sun screen, cant be too safe!) it helps to hide them a little. i hope this helps! and never let your stretch marks keep you from being confident :)
  • ChefJenn
    ChefJenn Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    those are the battle wounds of having a baby and has you get older they will not affect the way you see yourself as much.

I was super fit when i got preggers. I was in Police training and was running 10miles a day and doing PT all the time.
    My 28 inch waist went up to 62 inches ROUND with my 9 pound , 23 inch long son ( who was 3 weeks late too)
    and he ruined my lower half of my body but I have learned its a small price to pay to have a awesome child now.

Even with a full tummy tuck I still have some marks that are now below my belly button but not to the point I would wear a 2 pc bathing suit. I dont let it bother me anymore but it did at first. 10 years later no biggie
  • david081
    david081 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Wear what you like, just be yourself and forget about what some shallow people may or may not think!
  • DianaPowerUp
    DianaPowerUp Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Not everyone gets stretch marks. I didn't get them, my mom doesn't have them, my sister doesn't either. But, I've got cellulite. So everyone's got something they don't want anyone to see, lol!
  • jlewis2896
    jlewis2896 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Nobody notices our flaws as much as we do ourselves. :)

I'm sure you are just beautiful. Don't you dare let those stretch marks hold you back!! They are proof of the great things our bodies can do.
  • lhuber1105
    lhuber1105 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I have always called my stretch marks and my c-section scar my badge of honor--I feel that being a mom is a complete victory and I am very proud of what I did. You are a beautiful person and you brought a wonderful person into this world---Wear them proud :bigsmile:
  • KTNemo
    KTNemo Posts: 100
    Options
    Nobody notices our flaws as much as we do ourselves. :)

I'm sure you are just beautiful. Don't you dare let those stretch marks hold you back!! They are proof of the great things our bodies can do.

I like this a lot!

I have stretch marks just in the center of my stomach, in an actual circular pattern. I am very pale, so they aren't that noticable anymore, but they are there. I am not going to let them hold me back. If my body continues to do what it is doing now, I am going to wear my summer gear proudly! I am in the best shape of my life right now (aerobically) and by summer, I am going to look it!

You should be proud of what you have accomplished and wear whatever you want proudly! People's opinions don't matter, as long as you feel good about yourself!
  • pwprice59
    pwprice59 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    It is the inside and not the outside that makes a person beautiful.
  • WashingtonGrown
    Options
    Unfortunately I have stretch marks and cellulite. Oh well, I can't change those things (naturally lol) and I am proud that I had a beautiful little boy! I didn't get any on my belly but I do have them all the way down the back of my legs to my calves, looks like Freddy crugar got a hold of me! But it could be worse, I plan to get my legs in great shape so that's what is seen not the "beauty marks".
  • sparklesammy
    sparklesammy Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    They will bother you more than anyone else,most would probably not notice!

just be proud of yourself and your body...you've worked hard for it!
  • Mountain_woman
    Mountain_woman Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I will most likely always have a round little tummy since having my daughter. But I too consider it a badge of motherhood, truly feminine. In a way, it actually makes me feel beautiful because it is soft, round and sweet. Just as a woman should be (IMHO). We all put so much pressure on ourselves to try and live up to these uber-toned women that we forget that as mothers we are being as real as it gets. I say, embrace your change, be proud of your marks because they tell those who can even see them, (We are our own harshest critics!) I am a mother and that is something to be amazingly proud of! Congrats honey!
  • suzycreamcheese
    suzycreamcheese Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    ive got them, ive got them on my bum, a few on the backs of my legs, my hips, my boobs. I dont really think about them, i dont think they show that much, and most people have them anyway
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    I didn't get stretch marks either, but I've got cellulite in spades (especially on my *kitten*, regardless of how many lunges and squats I do!)...and I wear a bikini. I feel good and my husband thinks I look frelling fantastic, so who cares what everyone else thinks!
  • kasmir8199
    kasmir8199 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    "Instead of worrying about stretch marks, though, try to change your perspective on them. I see mine as a badge of honor. They are from a time in my life when I was heavy, unhealthy, and unhappy. They now serve as a reminder to me that I can change anything I put my mind to. Nobody’s perfect, sweetie — perfect is boring." - Jillian Michaels

I have some from those days when I was unhealthy AND from pregnancy. A little cocoa butter and sun exposure can minimize them (a lot went away completely), but I like think about what Jillian said about hers. Wear them with pride! You're beautiful as you are!
  • rebeccaS85
    rebeccaS85 Posts: 141
    Options
    im sure know one else will even notice them, just have confidence in urself and it dosent matter what anyone else thinks:smile:

So, So true. People generally don't notice that sort of thing. I mean it's not like your friends are going to be pointing out that you have stretch marks on your body! Those are something to be proud of. Without them you wouldn't have your little one. After two kids and one c-section I have TONS of stretch marks and such...but WHO CARES!! :happy:
  • rebeccaS85
    rebeccaS85 Posts: 141
    Options
    Oh yeah...btw Bio oil works really well!!