Newbie on a mission!

Options
Hey all...
New to this, but decided that this is the last time i try anything so im very determined to make it work!
Any good tips or support along the way will all be appreciated!!
Good luck to you all!! x :D x

Replies

• nyssarasool
    Options
    Hi,

im new to this too, im sure we will get lots of help and advice on this site, it looks great.

Good luck to you too :-)
  • bethy1983
    bethy1983 Posts: 11
    Options
    hiya and welcome to both of you :o) please feel free to add me as a friend if you need some motivation - we are all in this together!! good luck :o) x
  • monkeybuttsmommy
    monkeybuttsmommy Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Try not to make it and "all or nothing" scenario. You will have bad days and maybe a few bad weeks. Its the getting back up and trying again that makes it a little easier every time. Good luck and WELCOME!
  • dababers
    dababers Posts: 135
    Options
    Welcome, welcome, welcome! This is the place to do it. Decide that you are worth the effort. Consider it not a diet, but a lifestyle change. We are all here working toward the same goal. You can get lots of support and advice on here. The accountability of the food tracker should help you keep on track. Remember, you didn't get this way overnight...or even in a few months-neither of us did. We can do it together. Best wishes on your journey.
  • missy1970eb
    missy1970eb Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    hi, welcome and gd luck :smile:
  • skinnyme47
    skinnyme47 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!
  • theresabell67
    theresabell67 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!!!! I'm also new to this site and have received a tremendous amount of support in the short time I've been logging on. Feel free to add me as a friend for some motivation or a place to vent. " remember this is no longer a diet, but a lifestyle change, everything in moderation" :bigsmile:
  • felicity83
    Options
    Thank you for all the positive support! It's a big motivation in all this! So far im starting as i mean to go on! :D
    Feel free to add me.... I'll add those who said was ok! :D
  • cookingcriolla
    Options
    Hi to both of you and welcome to MFP. I think you'll enjoy the site It has alot of good tools and members are great. A few suggestions, be truthful when you track your food intake and exercise, you'll be surprised the amount of calories in some of the things we eat, especially if you eat out alot!!!! Tracking will help you see where you need to focus. Be patient, we didn't gain the weight overnight and most of us won't lose it overnight. We all have good days and bad days and that's where your "friends" come in to play. The members on here are great, very supportive so friend as many people as you can (feel free to friend me if you'd like). I love to read the success stories they're very insprational. We can do this!!!!! Hang in there and take it one day at a time. Good luck to both of you on this journey!
  • BrandNewMia
    BrandNewMia Posts: 461
    Options
    Welcome :flowerforyou:

Add me if you want to, I joined in January and I just reached my first mini-goal today, I've lost 33 pounds so far!

Tips - weight loss is 80% nutrition and 20% exercise, so your main focus should be the food you eat. Fresh fruits and vegetables, lean meats and healthy proteins (beans, nuts, etc...), and whole grains. None of us are perfect! So even if you go off track, don't throw the whole day because you had one bad snack or meal, get right back to making healthy choices and you will be glad you did. I watch my sodium intake and drink TONS of water, and lately I have been trying to eat all of the calories allotted to me including my exercise calories. Gather a group of supportive friends on MFP, and lean on them - when I am having a rough day, I post to my status about my troubles and my friends always give great advice and motivation. Lastly, I keep my food diary totally public. It keeps me honest, I log everything I eat and it really does keep me from straying sometimes because I don't want everyone seeing the junk I've eaten!

You can do this! I think I would have given up long ago (like I always used to do) if it weren't for MFP and the fabulous people I have met here.
  • tysi
    tysi Posts: 13
    Options
    I'll be happy to go on this journey with you. I'm on a mission too!