Anyone here needing to gain?

Options
I know we all have different reasons for being here, but I wondered if there was anybody trying to gain. I sure could use a buddy right now. Need to gain over 30 pounds and not doing good..actually loosing instead of gaining.

Replies

• Neliel
    Neliel Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Good for you, sweetheart! I'm trying to lose weight myself, but I've met a couple of people on here trying to gain, so you're not alone!
  • Charli666
    Charli666 Posts: 407
    Options
    not trying to gain sorry, but very very glad your taking this step to getting healthier, i have faith that you can do this, best of luck x
  • Aetarac
    Aetarac Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    This board is for healthy living lifestyle not just diet. I would be more then happy to have you as a friend and cheer you on as you work toward your goals.
  • campbell1526
    Options
    I ironically just posted I'm trying to gain in my introduction ;) If you need support, I'll do what I can. 30lbs is no joke, and will take a while. I'm not a nutritionist, or anything like that, but if you want to know something, I'll try my best to answer, or point you in the right direction.
  • life1979_24
    life1979_24 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    my boyfriend is trying to gain and asked me to help him. i did some research for him but didnt come up with much help yet. i am trying to lose. good luck to you add me as a friend if you want.
  • cowlover22
    cowlover22 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the words of encouragement! My nutrionist gave me this web site b/c of the cal counter, but at first I thought it was going to be triggering but everybody has been great. I know what I need to do..it is just a matter of doing it. Do good for a couple of day and then...ops..not so good.Supposed to be on 3600 cals a day..that is a lot when I get overwelmed just by having a salad infront of me, but if I ate that much when I was in the hospital I most certainly can do it again...besides I dont want to go back and that is where I am heading. I used to be heavy in high school went to weight watchers, but that is what started my whole eating disorder comments that people made. So I understand what you guys are going through to. Keep up the good work!
  • cowlover22
    cowlover22 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Hey tell your boyfriend to try eating foods that are calorie dense. Meaning a lot of calories in a small amout of food. I also drink ensure and boost, but I mix whey protein in with it too..that can be an easy 700 plus calories. I do this on my good days lol Also I am not supposed to go more than 4 hours without eating..hope this helps him some. If he works out muscle weighs more than fat but you have to increase your calorie intake.