Working out at Home

Options
Hey all! I am wondering what workouts everyone does at home? Which workouts had results and which ones were a waste of time? Looking for ideas! Thanks!

Replies

• abbigail_r
    abbigail_r Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I am currently doing 30 day shred. I just started a week ago but others have reported it being effective. i also do Denise Austins indoor walk. I do a pilates video by her too. And I also like Body by Bethenny.
  • halphord
    halphord Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I do Leslie Sansone's Walk at Home DVDs. I also do Biggest Loser Boot Camp, and No More Trouble Zones by Jillian Michaels. I just got the Just Dance 2 for the Wii and sweated my hiney off doing that!
  • MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    I workout to Leslie Sansone (my fav is 5-mile fat burning) and to the Biggest Loser (Power walk and Cardio Max).
  • CallejaFairey
    CallejaFairey Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    i also do Leslie Sansone walk videos, with weights, and i just got a Wii with Just Dance 2. it may just be a game, but holey moley did i work up a sweat with it, and it was fun. hard to beat that!
  • Norma_24
    Norma_24 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I do tae bo, jillian 30 day shred along with her Banish fat boost metabolism, and my Fav. Zumba i like to switch it up so i dont get bored but iv seen more results with the jillian dvds they r tough but worth it
  • ashleynicoleh04
    ashleynicoleh04 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels 30 day shred I have been doing for a few weeks and I love it. She also also several other DVDs out there. Another good Jillian dvd is 6wk6pk.
  • crjugrl
    crjugrl Posts: 172
    Options
    I've heard lots about the 30 Day Shred so I just ordered it yesterday. Right now I'm doing Turbo Jam and I love it. I tried Hip Hop Abs a while back and got bored with it very quickly. It also depends on your living situation. I can't do P90x or Turbo Fire because they require lots of jumping and I live in a second floor apartment with extremely creaky floorboards. There are plenty of other workout dvd's to choose from though, so I don't feel like I'm missing out on a good workout. Sometimes I just feel like I can't "give it my all" just because I have to reduce sound.
  • funkyspunky871
    funkyspunky871 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    I workout at home everyday. I'm 16-years-old, and not able to go to the gym like everybody else. I do Leslie Sansone's walking videos all the time! I love Kendell Hogan's workouts (like Explosive Cardio). I've done the 30 Day Shred before, and it was great too. :) If you have a kinect or wii, get a Biggest Loser game!
  • madamelaporte
    madamelaporte Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    30 day shred, jillian michaels no more trouble zones, biggest loser workouts, zumba :)
  • pandafoo
    pandafoo Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    the ones i've really liked are:
    -30 day shred, level 2 and 3
    -turbo jam - i do this weekly for the fun factor but it's getting too easy
    -p90x - intense but it works!
    -the old school taebo videos
    -callanetics by callan pickney - very old school from back in the 70s, but it works with these "micro movements" and is great for toning - the modern day equivalent of this video is "core fusion," "lotte berk method," or the "bar method"
    -yoga shakti by shiva rea - beautiful scenery in the maldives islands, traditional vinyasa yoga moves

the not-so-good-ones
    -carmen electra cardio striptease - kinda embarrassed i got this! it's just okay
    -biggest loser workouts - doesn't get my HR high enough
    -wii fit - too easy

it's good to find dvds that are appropriate for your fitness level. i didn't quite like the biggest loser workouts because it wasn't challenging enough for me, but you may love them and find them fun. start by borrowing videos from the library, or trying them out thru the Exercise Channel through Comcast's OnDemand. there are tons of selections, including jillian michael's workouts.
  • mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    I'm a home workout fan. I completed P90X with great results lost 2% body fat and lost a clothing size. I'm about 1/2 day through Insanity now, I'm down about 5% body fat on the half way mark. I'm loving it. I also have an elliptical at home. I started with Kettlebell workouts and really enjoyed those for a long time but decided I needed More cross training.
  • kcthatsme
    kcthatsme Posts: 5,136 Member
    Options
    You won't be able to tell by my stats here yet, but I have success with The Firm (Susan Harris - only on eBay), The Firm: Body Sculpt (Jennifer), and I just ordered The Firm: Express. I really like DVDs that use weights to get my muscles in gear so when the fluffy comes off, I have good muscle tone and shape. I also really like to use Al Carter's ReboundAir line of mini trampolines for cardio. Good luck!
  • missbeezy
    missbeezy Posts: 198
    Options
    I do Leslie Sansone's Walk at Home DVDs. I also do Biggest Loser Boot Camp, and No More Trouble Zones by Jillian Michaels. I just got the Just Dance 2 for the Wii and sweated my hiney off doing that!

I agree, Leslie Sansone walk at home. I think I own all of her dvd's
  • CharlieJuliette
    CharlieJuliette Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I'm working my way through the 30 day shred at the moment. It's pretty good.

I've been a die-hard Tae Bo fan for years. I know it's "old school" but I love it!
  • twistygirl
    twistygirl Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I have a stationary bike and I love it ride it three times a week highly recommend it for women with hips and thighs I have lost all kinds of inches on that and I walk on my tread-mill, I really like Bob Harper Inside out Method pureburn super strength DVD I feel like I have my own personal trainer, I have about 30 exercise DVD's but my favorite is Step workout.
  • ubabe1
    ubabe1 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I started 2 years ago with 30 day shred...love it!! Now I alternate between Trouble Zones and Boost Metabolism...Jillian Micheals is awesome!!! The circuit training is great for someone who may only have 30mins to an hour to do a good workout. And yes...they work and reults are definite!!!!
  • neyes67
    neyes67 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I've come to enjoy working out at home. Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred was very intense (loved it) I'm now doing her Banish Fat Boost Metabolism and Shred It With Weights. I also her Yoga Meltdown and just purchased No More Trouble Zones today actually. I really want to mix it up. I plan to get Jillian's 6 Week Six Pack after I've done BFBM and Shred It With Weights for 30 days. She also has a new release that I think came out in Nov/Dec called Ripped in 30. So far I'm pleased with the results from the 20 and 40 minute workouts.
  • staceyo1211
    staceyo1211 Posts: 163
    Options
    I ride a stationary bike, Biggest Loser Last Chance Workout, 30 Day Shred and Wii Fit Plus. I ride everyday and rotate the others. I love all of them!
  • chris0912
    chris0912 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I workout at home everyday. I'm 16-years-old, and not able to go to the gym like everybody else. I do Leslie Sansone's walking videos all the time! I love Kendell Hogan's workouts (like Explosive Cardio). I've done the 30 Day Shred before, and it was great too. :) If you have a kinect or wii, get a Biggest Loser game!

I thought you had to be 18 to be on here!
  • iowajen
    iowajen Posts: 2
    Options
    if you have comcast, the ondemand option has a huge variety of home workouts. i enjoy being able to work specific areas and see great results!