Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Need Recipe for Crockpot Steel Cut Oaks

Does anyone have a yummy recipe they could share for overnight oatmeal? Thanks in advance! hmmm, I mean oats. Another question, how do I delete a post when I've messed up a spelling. lol

Replies

• Suzy12
    Suzy12 Posts: 284
    I put the recommended measure of oats and water in the crock pot and add (for our two servings) about 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon, a tablespoon of brown sugar and 1/3 cup of Craisins. Set on low before you go to bed. Stir in the morning and enjoy!
  • ShellyMacchi
    ShellyMacchi Posts: 975 Member
    *L* i was going to ask what the fibre content of the oaks was like *grins*
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    I've been DYING to try this, looks so great. never used the oats before though!

http://fatfreevegan.com/blog/2011/02/16/slow-cooker-lemon-blueberry-muffin-oatmeal/
  • brityn
    brityn Posts: 443 Member
    add 1c. oats and water according to package directions. Add 1/4 c. slivered almonds, 1/4 c. raisings, 1 tbls. flax seeds, 1 tsp. ground cinnamon. Cook overnight, sweeten to your prefered taste with splenda or honey and drizzle with fat free milk.
  • RachelJE
    RachelJE Posts: 172
    I did a recipe a couple years ago for my MOPS (Mothers Of Preschoolers) group, and they RAVED. It had apple juice and cinnamon, so it smelled AMAZING - like hot apple cider - while it cooked. This recipe is similar: http://www.cdkitchen.com/recipes/recs/1674/Apple-Cinnamon-Steel-Cut-Oatme141615.shtml. I do remember taking chopped pecans and craisins for people to sprinkle on top before they ate.
  • Becca_007
    Becca_007 Posts: 596 Member
    bump:wink:
  • rthompson81
    rthompson81 Posts: 305 Member
    I do mine simple:

1 cup of steel cut oats
    4.5 cups of water
    a dash of salt

I make a lot, and then put them in individual containers in the fridge and heat one up each morning. Depending on how I feel in the morning, I'll add anything from raisins, almonds, apples, strawberries, etc... the other day I added mangos and it was delicious!
  • run4yourlife
    run4yourlife Posts: 379 Member
    This is perfect! I recently fell in love with steel cut oats but they take too long to cook in the morning when I'm rushed. The crock pot is the perfection solution - can't wait to try it!! Thanks :flowerforyou:
  • lbragg
    lbragg Posts: 32 Member
    bump!
  • maremare312
    maremare312 Posts: 1,143 Member
    I did a recipe a couple years ago for my MOPS (Mothers Of Preschoolers) group, and they RAVED. It had apple juice and cinnamon, so it smelled AMAZING - like hot apple cider - while it cooked. This recipe is similar: http://www.cdkitchen.com/recipes/recs/1674/Apple-Cinnamon-Steel-Cut-Oatme141615.shtml. I do remember taking chopped pecans and craisins for people to sprinkle on top before they ate.

Ooh that sounds good!

I spray my crockpot with Pam, then put in 1 cups oats, 4 cups water, pinch of salt, 1 teaspoon vanilla, 1 teaspoon cinnamon. In the morning I mix in about 1/2 cup vanilla flavored almond (or soy) milk, a couple tablespoons agave syrup, and1/2 cup dried cranberries and let cook for another hour. When I put the dried fruit in at night I think it loses its flavor and color.

My fave way to eat it is topped with some all natural almond butter. Yum!
  • ChelseaRW
    ChelseaRW Posts: 366 Member
    bump! I'm new to Steel cut oats and wow...this is soooo much easier than fussing over them in the morning!:bigsmile:
  • rthompson81
    rthompson81 Posts: 305 Member

I spray my crockpot with Pam, then put in 1 cups oats, 4 cups water, pinch of salt, 1 teaspoon vanilla, 1 teaspoon cinnamon. In the morning I mix in about 1/2 cup vanilla flavored almond (or soy) milk, a couple tablespoons agave syrup, and1/2 cup dried cranberries and let cook for another hour. When I put the dried fruit in at night I think it loses its flavor and color.

My fave way to eat it is topped with some all natural almond butter. Yum!

Ooh! I think I'll start adding vanilla and cinnamon to mine. I might just start some tonight. Yum!
  • maremare312
    maremare312 Posts: 1,143 Member
    Calorie free flavor boosters rock IMO! :) Also, cinnamon is supposed to be really good for you so I try to add it to stuff where I can.