Green Tea Tolerable?

Options
I know green tea is good to drink in combination with healthy foods and exercise for weight loss. But I find the flavor to be fairly nasty. Does anyone have any ideas on how to make it taste better? I'd rather ice it then drink it hot, but I'll take any suggestions either way. Thanks guys!

Replies

• EmmaRankmore
    Options
    You've actually reminded me to go and buy some because I actually like it lol. :)

Its something I've gotten used to over time. Its hard to say what to do to make it nice, because without adding anything to it it just kinda tastes like it does. Maybe just drink it over ice and quickly to get it down lol ;)
  • pinksoldier
    Options
    add some stevia sweetner to it. it comes in all different flavors. my fave is the vanilla creme. just a few drops can add so much flavor. i also use that when i blend an orange and have a vanilla orange smoothie. super yummy and super healthy! they have a lemon flavor that is also a good mix for the green tea also. i bought mine at fred meyer in the organics section. i'm sure any health food store would sell them. good luck to you!!
  • Oshawott
    Oshawott Posts: 13
    Options
    I didn't like it at first either. Here's what I had to do... Add some sweetener to it while it's hot, pour it over ice. Over time, reduce the amount of sweetener until you don't add any. I know artificial sweeteners are bad buuuut drinking green tea is worth it, in my opinion =]
  • pinksoldier
    Options
    stevia is all natural! try it, i promise you'll like it!
  • Greyhawkk
    Greyhawkk Posts: 34
    Options
    Yep, I use stevia and cinnimon....yummy bed time drink
  • schninie82
    schninie82 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    I find it intolerable too, I had on sweetex to it and drink it warm....why warm? because it takes me soooo long to down it! hahaha!! But thanks for reminding me too to carrying on drinking it, not had it in a while but have a big box of tea bags just sitting in the cupboard.... oh and another trick, hold your nose while you drink it, you wont taste it then!!! hehehe :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Mountain_woman
    Mountain_woman Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys. Yes, I have tried Stevia. I can't say I like it any more then any other artificial or otherwise sweeteners. I've always been a brown sugar/honey girl at heart. I tried the flavored Stevia as well and find the vanilla to be tolerable, otherwise it gets to be too much. For now, I'll have to stick with downing it to make it a brief experience. :tongue:
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Make sure you don't brew it for long, my box of "green tea with lemon" teabags tells me it will be bitter.
    So, maybe brew it for a shorter period of time.
    I like it with lemon - either in the box, or add a slice of lemon while it's hot.
  • calliope_music
    calliope_music Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    i mix mine with lemon and a teaspoon of honey!
  • tanniew78
    tanniew78 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Lipton has flavored ones that are tolerable. I like the berry and the mint ones. These days I just drink either luzianne or bigelows plantation mint. Im not one much for green tea myself. I do like getting the Lipton Citrus in the bottles on occasion. However, that was an acquired taste.

I can attest to the whole metabolism boosting powers of green tea. When I drink it I run hot like an inferno, and thats with the tea cold. Without it, Im cold in 80 degree weather... So somethings working there. lol.
  • Aintplayin
    Aintplayin Posts: 102
    Options
    stevia is all natural! try it, i promise you'll like it!

Stevia is what saved my herbal teas. I also mix my flavored teas. I mix some green tea with peppermint.. that's my favorite and to every 2 quarts, I add 2 packets of Stevia or Truvia. I also mix in apple cinnimon with regular black tea too. On ice is off thoe hook with herbal teas.. I can't express STEVIA STEVIA STEVIA enough.
  • MinxMooMoo
    Options
    I was told to drink green tea as it helps with your metabolism , when I first tried it I had to drink it holding my nose!!!
    But now I quite like it , it takes some getting used to . You can also but flavoured green teas which may help to like it more !
    Good luck lol x
  • scarletleavy
    scarletleavy Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    I like to put just a slice of fresh lemon in my green tea. If your tea is a bit bitter you might be steeping it too long or you should switch to a different type to see if you like another one better. I find the Japanese Sencha to be the most mild and it's what I usually drink.
  • gjulie
    gjulie Posts: 391
    Options
    add some honey,makes it tolerable!:drinker:
  • togden
    togden Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I love the powder green tea made by 4C and i also love Arizona green tea with honey and ginseng!