What's your standard breakfast?

Options
I'll start with mine, if I'm not desperately in a hurry I'll go for porridge:
20g Organic Porridge Oats
150g Semiskimmed milk
1 banana (not frozen), chopped
1 tsp brown sugar
cinnamon

It only takes me 10 minutes at the most to cook, it's delicius, keeps me full for a very long time, packed with fiber and good stuff :)

All for the grand total of 220 calories.

So what's yours?

Replies

• _Jessica_
    _Jessica_ Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Two eggs cooked in olive oil on two piese of village hearth 1/2 calorie toast with a glass of skim milk... about 300 calories
  • Rosie958r
    Rosie958r Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Oven baked fruit muesli
    Strawberries or banana on top
    1/4 cup skim milk
    Green tea sweetened with honey

Around 250 calories
  • Enchantica
    Enchantica Posts: 117
    Options
    I start my day with a Slimfast chocolate milk shake for 220 calories.
    Before I started to loose a few lbs I would have weetabix or cornflakes in the summer and porridge with maple syrup and a chopped banana. I'm not very good at portion control so having the milkshake is ideal for me at the moment - plus it gives me an extra 10 -15 minutes of dog walking time before work!
  • Macacadopai
    Macacadopai Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    whole wheat porridge :)
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    1-2 eggs usually scrambled
    orowheat thin toasted with ½ tsp of light butter
    1 tsp of smuckers sugar free jam
    1 Dr. Praerger's (sp) spinach pancake. sounds gross but it's like having a hashbrown patty. low in calories and sodium too.
    2 slices of turkey deli meat. low sodium, fat.
    glass of oj
  • IanGiles
    IanGiles Posts: 54
    Options
    Simple and tasty, takes no time at all... And a tad over 400 cals.

Flora - Pro-Activ Yoghurt Drink
    Quaker Oats - Granola With Juicy Raisins with Flora Pro-Activ - Milk and topped with blueberries, cranberries & raspberries
  • Greyhawkk
    Greyhawkk Posts: 34
    Options
    Its my biggest meal of the day.

3 boiled egg whites
    6 oz steak
    2 pita bread
    1 tomato
    1 tblsp 0 fat ranch dressing

bot 600 cals.....but lunch is 300 and supper 150 and snacks 150 ish as well
  • pouka89
    pouka89 Posts: 24
    Options
    I have a Muller Vitality yoghurt drink and an Alpine breakfast bar, 189 calories. It's not a lot, but before my diet I didn't have any breakfast at all, so this is a big change for me!
  • Elle408
    Elle408 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Porridge! Skimmed milk and Dorset cereals porridge oats and a tangerine... Same thing every day! Although now I've started having a protein shake too!
  • carinalewis
    Options
    i did slim fast and lost 7lbs then when i ate food i put it back on. so started again with fruit and fibre with semi skimmed milk for breakfast and have lost 5lb this week!
  • Mountain_woman
    Mountain_woman Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    1 whole egg + 3 egg whites with homemade pico de gallo (powdered garlic too!)
    and a banana.

227 calories. Makes me happy and keeps me full till snacktime.
  • jgoff3003
    jgoff3003 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    1/2 cups kellogs special K
    1/4 kellogs all bran
    1/4 skim milk and 1/4 water
    1.5 cup green tea (my massive mug)
    and a piece of fruit or a tub of weight watchers diced peaches if I am out of fresh fruit.
    150 to 200 cals
  • suzycreamcheese
    suzycreamcheese Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    2 weetabix with skimmed (187), or 2 shredded wheat with skimmed milk (213 cals)and a bit of splenda. Sometimes dorset cereals apple and raisin porridge with skimmed (160)

If im not going to be exercising much that day ill have puffed wheat with skimmed (100-120 cals )and splenda

I drink coffee too
  • kikisf
    kikisf Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    old fashioned oatmeal currants dried cranberries milk and a scoop of whole foods vanilla whey protein (stevia) 260 cal 23 carb 22 protein
    or
    2 eggs scrambled topped with casa sanchez fresh salsa and a tbs of sour cream
  • hellen72
    hellen72 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    40 g oats with water
    2 min in microwave
    Then add 10g scoop vanilla protein powder, flakes almonds and maple syrup
    Approx 300 cal
  • fatlass70
    fatlass70 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Weekdays : Oats so simple porridge with semi-skimmed milk plus a mug of tea and / or a coffee! around 220 cals

Saturday or Sunday : 1 slice of wholemeal bread spread with 2 teaspoons of ketchup and filled with 2-3 slices of grilled smoked bacon plus a cup of coffee. From memory (as I haven't had it this weekend!) this is about 250 cals and my delicious weekend treat!
  • HollyRutledge
    HollyRutledge Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    3/4 cup steel cut Irish oats
    1 tblsp Honey
    1 tbsp natural peanut butter
  • Picky_nikki
    Picky_nikki Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Protein/Fruit Smoothie
    1/2 c 0% Greek Yogurt
    1c raw Kale
    3/4 cup frozen fruit
    1 scoop protein powder
    1 Tsp Chia seeds
    2 scoops of ice

This makes a HUGE smoothie, and I sip it all morning. It ends up being my snack too... but it is filling, and has lots of protein, and fruit and veggies

Or I have 235ml of cooked steel cut oats, with 1tsp Chia seeds, either apple sauce (unsweetened) or Pumpkin puree a tsp of almond butter, and 1/8 c nature path granola, or panda puffs, sometimes have greek yogurt on it as well...
    Yummy but higher in calories than the smoothie, and takes more time to make and eat in a sitting.

I tend to try and keep my breakfasts around 300-350 calories so I stay full longer, and have the energy to take on my day.
  • karenjoy
    karenjoy Posts: 1,840 Member
    Options
    a banana....I know I will get told off. But I will qualify, I used to eat more, cereal or toast etc and would ALWAYS be hungry mid morning, also I have a VERY noisy digestive process, my stomach growls and pops like you would not believe, I work in School Nursing and would have to tell the children I ate a lion for breakfast!
    I have found for the last 7 months that if I have just a banana and a coffee first thing then I am fine, sometimes I have a second piece of fruit at about 11 am with a coffee, but it has worked for me. I used to eat loads for breakfast and spent all morning feeling hungry, I now eat a banana and hardly ever get hungry. It's weird I know.
  • Lewzy
    Lewzy Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I like to change it up :) some of my choices include:

30g Cheerios with 125ml skimmed milk (170 cals)
    30g Cornflakes with 125ml skimmed milk (150 cals ish?)
    2pcs wholemeal toast with 1 scrambled egg (210 cals)
    An apple with an alpen light cereal bar (130 cals)

It really ranges from day to day depending on my mood, if I'm going to be walking/exercising a lot that day, how hungry I am. If I'm going to work out shortly after breakfast I'll add in a petits filous yoghurt (100 cals) or a piece of fruit to keep my energy levels high until lunch.