What's your standard breakfast?

Options

Replies

• thestrand
    Options
    2 weetabix with semi-skimmed milk and a bit of sugar on the top. Only 198 cals and it keeps me going till lunchtime.

also, although i'm up about 6.45am i only have water and a cup of tea before i leave the house - i eat my weetabix in work at about 8.15am.
  • cowlover22
    cowlover22 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    2 pieces of diet toast with parkay spray butter, cinamon, and equal and occasionally an apple and ensure and then about 23 pills lol
  • DenShort
    DenShort Posts: 39
    Options
    175gskimmed yoghurt
    half a grapefruit
    2 tbsp milled flaxseed

takes no time at all, 220 calories :)
  • LukeEalden
    Options
    1 packet of Oat-So Simple Porridge with semi-skimmed milk
    1/2 red grapefuit
    200ml clementine juice
    1 small Actimel yogurt drink
    1 multivitamin

Really gets me started for the day, and to think I never used to eat breakfast at all!
  • mandysjourney
    mandysjourney Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    either 60g oats with 200ml full creammilk honey and an orange juice about 495cals
    or
    museli with skim milk and an orange juice about 350cals

on 1 day of the weekend
    1 egg, 75g bacon rindless, slice of wholemeal toast and an orange juice about 450 cals

all of these get me through to lunch
    will reduce amount of parridge as my weight drops saving a few cals. and makje it with reduced fat too
  • missy1970eb
    missy1970eb Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    just plain old weetabix with water instead of milk:smile:
  • lalilalu
    lalilalu Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    My two absolute favourites - Mango Smoothy - a mango (i love perth, i'm getting them for a dollar each at the moment!!!), cinnamon, some vanilla yoghurt and a bit of milk. Then I pour it into a bowl and top it with some cereal and wheatgerm.

Or - Homemade Bircher muesli - Rolled oats soaked overnight in water, then in the morning mix in vanilla yoghurt, grated apple and cinnamon. Topped with LSA and wheatgerm...

My favourite meal of the day!!!
  • kkellam1
    kkellam1 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I have either of two breakfasts. My favorite is a bowl of soup. Yes, soup. I have always been a soup junkie and I have one that I make that is a shredded chicken soup in a tomato base, loaded very heavily with 8 or 10 different vegetables and some lentils. A little on the spicy side. I make a batch once a week and portion 8-10 portions into tupperware. I have one every day, either breakfast or lunch. It's multiple servings of multicolored vegetables, loaded with fiber and comes in at about 165 calories, depending on how I make that batch.

If not that, then a bowl of 3/4 cup fiberplus cinnamon oat crunch and 1/2 cup skim milk with a banana sliced into it. I typically have breakfast and hit the road for my morning walk. Then after the walk, have some fruit. A banana, apple or orange, depending on my mood.

I leave for work full and loaded with nutrients and energized from a brisk walk, but typically in the net negative on calories. Breakfast is under 300 calories and my walk burns right about in that neighborhood. I pack a snack of either a fruit or a few pretzels for midmorning.
  • Kelly_Pete
    Options
    old-fashioned oatmeal and blueberries (or sometimes blackberries). with some cinnamon and a tsp. of whole flaxseed.
  • BrownEyedG1rl
    BrownEyedG1rl Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I usually rotate the following:

3 eggs white, 1 whole egg scrambled with a little salsa and low fat cheddar cheese
    Chobani plain yogurt with 1 packet of Splenda and a pack of 100 calorie almonds or walnuts
    Breakstone's 100 calorie cottage cheese doubles
    2 whole wheat waffles with 1 Tbsp whipped cream cheese, 1 Tbsp reduced fat jelly

A cup of coffee or chi tea is always included as well.
  • katschi
    katschi Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    Either ...
    2 eggs + green onions, mushrooms & spinach and a little butter
    or ...
    coconut water
    protein powder
    spinach
    1/2 banana
    berries
    flaxseed
    and sometimes ...
    oatmeal
    1/2 banana or berries
    almond milk
  • scythianlady
    scythianlady Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    A hard-boiled egg (I make batches of them in advance) sliced and put on an English muffin with a slice of cheese. Lots of protein and only 240 calories.
  • briar_rose
    briar_rose Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    generally a bowl of cheerios with 1% milk..sometimes I change up the cereal but it is either corn flakes, shreddies or rice krispies

sometimes I add some fruit
  • kalebsmama07
    Options
    nothing special just cereal n milk with a good sorce of protien n fiber to start out
  • ifiwasurvampire
    ifiwasurvampire Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Usually just coffee. Some days eggs beaters or aunt millies raisin bread.
  • Raynamama
    Raynamama Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    I have recently started having a home made spinach/berry smoothie too help me get an extra serving of veg in;)

1 cup spinach
    1/4 cup water
    1/2 cup fresh strawberries
    1/4 cup frozen mixed berries
    1/2 banana
    1 package of Stevia
    1 tsp of psyllium fiber powder
    Sometimes I will add a spoonful of 0% Greek yogurt, chia seeds or hemp seeds. It tastes great, it's filling and has loads of nutrient rich foods :) love it!
    Otherwise my old standby is oatmeal with fruit and chia seeds :)
  • Newfiedan
    Newfiedan Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    2 whole eggs, 2 egg whites
    1 cup baby spinach
    1/4 green pepper
    2-4 cooked mushrooms
    all blended in the blender
    2-4 slices of butterball turkey bacon
    some salsa when added to it when I want variety.
    Recently started adding some bread for carbs either a nice really grainy bread or some rye.

One weekends
    3 whole eggs
    30g of kraft shredded part skim mozza
    1 cup baby spinach
    sometimes throw in some green peppers
    1/2 a tomato
    2 slices of bread.

Always have a mug of tea with skim milk.
  • claire_b79
    claire_b79 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    During the week I have a Vega Whole Food Health Optimizer shake with almond milk and frozen strawberries. On the weekend I'll have plain oatmeal with fruit and a teaspoon of peanut butter.
  • mackoy809
    mackoy809 Posts: 36
    Options
    Quaker oats 100% old fashion 1/2 cup dry
    1 banana or apple(some days)
    Cup of coffee with sugar and cream
    Mixed nuts(some days)
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    Just a bowl of low fat cereal, usually a Dorset Cereals one.

I only usually have breakfast on days I exercise, and then only after exercise, as I can't eat before.