MISSDEEHERE'S ONE WEEK CHALLENGE~FOR SHORT TERM GOALS

Options
MISSDEEHERE'S ONE WEEK CHALLENGE~FOR SHORT TERM GOALS
FOCUSING ON ONE WEEK AT A TIME, WHEN THE BIG PICTURE SEEMS TOO OVERWHELMING.......

FOR THE WEEK OF: MARCH 20 to MARCH 26, 2011

I'M MOTIVATED & LOSING AGAIN!! AND SO ARE THE OTHERS WHO PARTICIPATED! WHY NOT JOIN US??

My goal for the new week starting today is to EXERCISE for 120 minutes. I am lazy and need to try to make exercise a part of my daily routine. So I am sticking with exercise.

If you want to join me, PLEASE support me, and I will support you.
Who would like to make a 1 week pact with me of what YOU need to work on?
ESPECIALLY THOSE THAT NEED TO LOSE MORE THEN 50 POUNDS OR THOSE HAVING DIFICULTY.

Focus on just this one week and commit to either.....
examples (may be changed to fit your need)

1. Lose 1 or 2 pounds this week, and post how & results by next Sunday

2. Exercise 100 minutes (or your choice) this week, and post how & results by next Sunday

3. Journal daily, and post how & results/menu by next Sunday

4. Maintain my current weight, and post how & results by next Sunday

5. Choose your own that you have the most problems with, and post how & results by next Sunday

REMEMBER I ONLY WANT YOU TO PICK ONE THING FOR MY 1 WEEK CHALLENGE.

“Set new short-term goals. When you feel you've mastered the previous short-term goals you set for yourself, create some new ones. Remember this is a journey, not a destination. Accomplishing any goal, whether it's weight loss or anything else in life, requires a lifelong commitment. You will always have to set new goals and work on new areas even when you accomplish your big long-term goals.”

Thank you and you may friend me if you like. I have been following Weight Watchers old CORE program, and can do well following good eating habits........... I have difficulty staying focused for a long time and EXERCISE!!

Anyone joining me for another week, or a first week?

Good Luck to ALL!!

THIS IS A NEW WEEK!

*HERE IS LAST WEEKS LINK*
http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/192102-missdeehere-s-one-week-challenge-for-short-term-goals

Replies

• missdeehere
    missdeehere Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    :noway: I had a 1.8 loss this past week & met my goal of 120 minuts of exercise. I actually did 130/120 so I am excited about that!!:noway:

One Week at a Time!!
    Works for me!!

:drinker: What a GREAT GROUP you guys are!!:drinker:

Good Luck for this new week!!

I am going to shoot for 120 minutes again this week but TRY extra hard to get that with EXERCISE only!!

WISH ME LOTS OF LUCK! LOL
  • Seesaa
    Seesaa Posts: 451
    Options
    aimin to lose atleast another pound and a half this week like i did last week. Hoping for it to be more then that. Also going to have 2 salads a day starting monday. so gonna make that a goal too.
  • MAK_01
    MAK_01 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Hey all! I'm in again to. My goal is a 1.5 pound loss.
    Good luck everyone! We can do this!
  • DST513
    DST513 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I'm in this will be my first week with you guys hopefully not the last. My goal is 300mins of exercise. Hopefully as a result of that i will lose at least 2lbs.
  • bachooka
    bachooka Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    I'm IN! TIred of this plateau... so my challenge will be... um... to have the food guide recommended portion sizes for grains....(i'm really bad for over eating rice, etc)
  • savvynurse
    savvynurse Posts: 292
    Options
    im in again will post goals tonight
  • MissWait
    MissWait Posts: 160
    Options
    I'm in :)

My goals for this week are...

375 hours exercise (30DS + walking my Dogs)
    Logging and staying within my Calories
    Drinking more water & no alcohol
  • crazyquilter36
    Options
    I am in again this week for 350min of exercise. I would change it to losing 2lbs, but I am afraid I might slack on the exercise so I am keeping it the same ;) Good luck with the new week everyone.
  • AGoodExample
    Options
    This is so great!
    Last week my goal was 300 minutes of exercise. I have 305 minutes down and still have a 60 minute workout planned this afternoon. Woo hoo!!!

So this week/starting tomorrow, my goal will be 350 minutes of exercise.
  • SuzMac1981
    SuzMac1981 Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    I'm in again this week! Last week my goal was 150 and I managed to get in 160 total! Even with that head bump. I also lost 7 lbs this week (remember, I only just started this journey and I am UP THERE in my number so it's easier to shed rapidly in the beginning... I will be evening out soon, I'm sure).

This week I will stick with 150 minutes AND I will walk after dinner, outside, 3 times this week along with the Walk At Home program on the other days. I'd also be happy with a 5 pound loss this week as well.

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!! WE CAN DO IT!!!!
  • OhItsOn
    OhItsOn Posts: 36
    Options
    Hi, All. My name is Dana and I'm new to all this.

I have been eating well for the last 2 weeks or so and am down in weight... until I had an emotional/stress eating moment and ended up sabotaging myself. Enough of that though. Back on track. What I need to add into the mix now is exercise.

So, my goal for this week is to exercise.... 150 minutes for the week. Hopefully, combined with continued good eating, I'll be down a couple pounds by next week. (2 would be nice to make up for the pound I gained... smile.)

Have a great week everyone!!! WE CAN DO THIS!!!:smile:
  • djthom
    djthom Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Due to family obligations I only got 135/150 mins. this week.:sad: Fell a little short of my goal, but I still lost 3 lbs.:happy: I will shoot for 150 again this week.
  • missdeehere
    missdeehere Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    Hi, All. My name is Dana and I'm new to all this.

I have been eating well for the last 2 weeks or so and am down in weight... until I had an emotional/stress eating moment and ended up sabotaging myself. Enough of that though. Back on track. What I need to add into the mix now is exercise.

So, my goal for this week is to exercise.... 150 minutes for the week. Hopefully, combined with continued good eating, I'll be down a couple pounds by next week. (2 would be nice to make up for the pound I gained... smile.)

Have a great week everyone!!! WE CAN DO THIS!!!:smile:

Dana
    I too am an emotional eater. I am trying soooo hard to stay focused this time. My hubby has been very ill and if I let it, I will allow myself to forget about myself and indulge myself in him and food for comfort. Seen it happen too often. That's why I NEED these ONE WEEK FOCUSES. I have ADDand the long term focus is just too far for me to reach.

HELLO & WELCOME NEW PEOPLE!! GOOD LUCK AND LEAN ON US FOR SUPPORT! YES WE CAN & WILL GET THROUGH THIS ......................one week at time!
  • jamaka1
    jamaka1 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Hi Dee, d/t school i missed out on this challenge but i will do this week's challenge.
    I already exercise like crazy so i guess i will challenge myself to drinking more water & eating more salads this week.:happy:
  • newdaydawning79
    newdaydawning79 Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    Welcome to those who are new to the group! Dee has done a FANTASTIC job with this and is an amazing motivator! :D

I made my goal last week of losing at least one pound. This week, as crazy as it sounds, my goal is going to have NOTHING to do with the scale. My goal is to get my house clean, which will also be great exercise! I'm going to go for at least 200 minutes of exercise to get this place in order!
  • swimgirl1006
    swimgirl1006 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    hey I'm in again, I hit my goal last week completing ~ 160 minutes of exercise out of the 100 minute goal. My goal for this week is 120 minutes of exercise and hopefully to see some loss on the scale, Good luck everyone!
  • nannyciriaco
    Options
    Ok Dee, I am here and need your help...you have always been there for me before...but I have really messed up this time...I just can't do both, WW and here, and I like the way the calories are all broken out along with all the other nutrition stats as I need to know when I have exceeded my sodium cause I think this is where I have a realy problem...
    So I have really blown it this past week and continued to do so yesterday, I have not been to the gym in a few days, just so stressed with getting ready to work from home..but that is no real excuse, I have just plain been out of control...
    So here we go today is Sunday March 20th, and I will go to the gym at least 5 times this week...starting tomorrow...I will be busy today, we are having a little B'day party here today for my DGD she turned 14...so need to get ready for that now and hope that I can resist the overindulgence of eating too much B'day cake if I eat any at all...I am so weak when it comes to those kind of things...
    So I need to lose this week and I will get at least 120 minutes of exercise in this week by going to the gym or working in the yard...I will get all my veggies and fruit in and I will try and stay within my sodium intake...
    I re-upped my membership with WW when they changed the points system but I think I am canceling today...that way I can concentrate my efforts here and only post on the thread...
    Love Ya, and thanks for letting me know about this site...
  • mytime60
    mytime60 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Hey Dee! I'm in this week; I need to get back in the exercise mode again. I'm doing fairly well with my calories and food diary, but can easily shrug off exercising; so this week my goal is to get 120 minutes of exercise in.
  • newdaydawning79
    newdaydawning79 Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    Welcome Nanny and Mytime! I hope you find this site and this team extremely helpful! This has become my go-to place for support this past month and it's been amazing!!

Nanny, I honestly think that this works a lot better than WW because you don't have to calculate points, just count the calories and use the handy food database to see where you are! Best of luck with the birthday party...maybe bring yourself a little treat so you won't feel like you're cheating yourself if you don't have the cake?

Mytime exercise is the one thing I shrug off too so I'm with you there. Good luck!!
  • Grandee47
    Grandee47 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I'm in Dee! Setting short term goals make so much sense. Thanks for motivating us and keeping us going. I exceeded my goal of walking 10 miles last week (and lost 2 pounds). This week I will set my goal of 10 miles again, only because I have a really, really busy week ahead and I'll have to work hard to make the time for walking. Hello everyone......it's too much for me to remember everyone's names, but know that you have my support and I am cheering you on! :drinker: