new and please help.

Options
Hi I have been depressed for the last 4 years and have been on various meds (paxil, zoloft, cymbalta, citalopram) and have put on about 35 pounds. I was recently diagnosed by another physicians with boderline and not depression. So ive come off my meds and seem to be doing okay. The right diagnosis was helpful. I really want to lose all this weight. I feel so disgusted with myself. At times I just feel like I am never going to lose the weight.I have a lot around my tummy nowhere else significant. It was just three years ago I was 120. Can you please help me. I need some advice I really have no idea where to get started.
please let me know :smile:
thank you

Replies

• Carmendu
    Carmendu Posts: 409
    Options
    Welcome!! i don't know how much dvice I can give you but I can be a friend. Feel free to add me if you like. You might start with drinking a lot of water. I don't know if you do or not but 64 oz. is what is recommended. Just take little steps to start with. If you don't eat a lot of fruits or veggies start by adding a few of those at a time. Just a few thoughts.
  • SlimmingSarah
    Options
    Start cutting back your diet, drinking your water and doing some regular exercise and the weight will drop off!

Depression can be fueled by a poor body image, so the sooner you start being successful and dropping the weight! The sooner you could feel better!

Best of luck,
    Sarah.
  • debbiequack
    debbiequack Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    :) Welcome

I hope you have a good therapist who knows how to treat Borderline?

There are some good DBT classes in Yahoo groups that help with managing emotions.

Best,

Debbie
  • muppetkeeper
    muppetkeeper Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hi, welcome to MFP, one thing to remember, its taken 4 years to put the weight on, so it won't drop off overnight.

Be patient, don't weigh yourself too often, and keep setting yourself small targets so you feel a sense of achievement.

Good luck

:-)

MK
  • rhodes2b
    rhodes2b Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    There is tons of support out here! Feel free to add if would like a buddy! We can all learn from each other.
  • Nevertolate1
    Options
    Welcome, I am new also,,,,, and know how it feels to beat your self up.... take it a day at a time and focus on the postive,, such as feeling better by eating better....
  • tjm1982
    tjm1982 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Def get 64 ounces of water in a day and reduce your portion sizes. Actually measuring them out will help. Always eat meat & veggies first! good luck!