What day/days do you weigh yourself?

Options
Just curious.

I used to weigh myself daily, sometimes when I would see something I didnt like I would get discouraged to Ive been weighing myself 2 days a week now.
Im thinking of maybe weighing in every Monday and Friday. Once a week seems to hard for me lol maybe soon Ill have the patience to wait a week.

Replies

• M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    saturday morning as then im not rushing to work! i prefer weighing in once a week as weight goes up and down so frequently that it can be discouraging. :)
  • Tencie0615
    Tencie0615 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself in the morning and again right before going to bed..I belong to a weight loss support group called T.O.P.S. so i offically weigh in on thursday nights.
  • nmp1994
    nmp1994 Posts: 96
    Options
    I'm in a team challenge and we weigh in Thursdays BEFORE our workouts! Good luck
  • Tamie_Girl
    Tamie_Girl Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I'm a scale-a-holic ... but I try to keep it real and only weigh on Saturday mornings. That's the most important one.

During the week though I can't help but weigh sometimes at night ... it gives me a good indication of the what the scale will be in the morning. During the week I don't have the time to weigh in the morning - too rushed to jump in the shower and get ready for work as the scale is in another room anyway.

~Tamie

:drinker:
  • april_denise
    april_denise Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every Sunday morning, then again in the middle of the week on Wednesday. I agree, checking in only once a week was too hard for me also, as that was my original plan, but I added in Wednesday so I could see more potential progress :)
  • Helenelle
    Helenelle Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I used to weigh twice a day!! before I went out for a run and then after, it felt sooooo good to see that I had lost 2.5lbs after a run even though I know it is only water loss thru sweat! so now I only weigh on a Saturday morning and if it is up well it is up but so far it is down down down - OK only 6 lbs so far, but better off than on :flowerforyou:
    123456654321 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday and.....Sunday. Sometimes I weigh myself multiple times a day. I also log the daily changes. I don't recommend this for everyone.
  • vroyyoung
    vroyyoung Posts: 33
    Options
    I find once a week hard, so I do weigh myself most days. I find it pushes me, that I'm excited when it's down and if it's up I drink more water and add some exercise. Good luck to you.
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    I weigh only once a week, Sunday morning as soon as I get up and pee.

If I weighed myself daily, I would need a straightjacket. All that bouncing around really makes me nuts.
  • Panda_Jack
    Panda_Jack Posts: 829 Member
    Options
    I always keep in mind how much your weight can flux on a daily basis. Its hard but I try not to focus on the weekly weigh in, and try to focus on the big picture. That being said I only weigh in on Mondays and try to keep it at the same time.
  • karaokeqt
    karaokeqt Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I weigh everyday...I don't get discouraged if it goes up a little cuz I know it will go back down. It actually keeps me motivated...if it goes up a little I know I need to keep pushing myself and when it goes down I know I need to keep pushing myself to get to my goal.
  • calliope_music
    calliope_music Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    i weigh everyday just because i think it's interesting to see the fluctuations, but i weigh in every Sunday.
  • joolzsd
    joolzsd Posts: 51
    Options
    The daily fluctuations make me crazy! I try to do once a week (Monday morning) but usually end up checking in on Thursday and sometimes Saturday.
  • lajuice24
    lajuice24 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I weigh on Sundays before working out. It is really hard to stay off the scale during the week but to keep my sanity I have to.:laugh:
  • bluespring
    bluespring Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Wednesday mornings for me. It's halfway thru the week...
    I used to weigh myself every day when I first started this lifestyle change.....it made me crazy....Down...up...down...up...Then it was every other day...that made me crazy too....
    But the worst was after an outing. We went to Universal...the park. I walked around for six hours! Drank water....Even had a salad for lunch. I was so proud of myself. I thought for sure I would lose some weight. Nope. I "gained" 4 1/2 pounds! :huh:
    I nearly exploded.
    So...that was it.
    Now...it's once a week. What ever happens...happens.
    I'm much happier....not as tense...and the numbers are still dropping.
    You just need to find your groove.
    Good luck!
    :bigsmile: