BWL Smurfettes and Papa Smurf 10/9

Options
Good Morning everyone,
How is everyone doing so far this week. I am doing ok. I am still doing this fall fitness challenge for the rec center here. We can get a total of 6 pts per week. We can do more exercise than that but they only let us get 6 per week. I am already up to 9 including my Zumba class tonight. We have to get a total of 45 pts from Oct 1 to Dec 1. Then we get a tshirt. I know the prize isnt much but any type of motivation is great. The step/abs class I took yesterday seemed easier than the class I took the day before but I feel it more than I did the other one. The instructor for that one is also a personal trainer there and she said I should try it that she could give me some great ways to work for my body. I told her I plan on it when I lose a little bit more weight and when I can afford it. We just payed to join there. It is actually pretty cheap when you think of a gym. It was only $175 for 6 months for the entire family and all the classes are free then.

Today I will be making apple sauce with my mother in law for most of the afternoon and then I will pick my boys up and take them to the park after school. Some of the mothers do that on Thursdays and I was invited. That makes me feel good. I have lived here for almost 9 years and still dont have to many friends. After that I will pass the kids of to hubby when he gets off of work and head to the rec center to work out and then do my Zumba class.

I hope everyone is having a SMURFY DAY

Connie

Replies

• connieq288
    connieq288 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    Good Morning everyone,
    How is everyone doing so far this week. I am doing ok. I am still doing this fall fitness challenge for the rec center here. We can get a total of 6 pts per week. We can do more exercise than that but they only let us get 6 per week. I am already up to 9 including my Zumba class tonight. We have to get a total of 45 pts from Oct 1 to Dec 1. Then we get a tshirt. I know the prize isnt much but any type of motivation is great. The step/abs class I took yesterday seemed easier than the class I took the day before but I feel it more than I did the other one. The instructor for that one is also a personal trainer there and she said I should try it that she could give me some great ways to work for my body. I told her I plan on it when I lose a little bit more weight and when I can afford it. We just payed to join there. It is actually pretty cheap when you think of a gym. It was only $175 for 6 months for the entire family and all the classes are free then.

Today I will be making apple sauce with my mother in law for most of the afternoon and then I will pick my boys up and take them to the park after school. Some of the mothers do that on Thursdays and I was invited. That makes me feel good. I have lived here for almost 9 years and still dont have to many friends. After that I will pass the kids of to hubby when he gets off of work and head to the rec center to work out and then do my Zumba class.

I hope everyone is having a SMURFY DAY

Connie
  • ThisIsJeffHere
    Options
    Good Morning Smurfettes!

Congrats on your fall challenge, Connie. We all need some motivation always. It's those fun little token items that can really spur competition, isn't it? I went kickboxing last night for the first time in a week and a half. I feel like one of the better people in the class, which is always nice. It seemed like there were a bunch of high school girls who were in the class last night. I'm not sure why but they kept giggling and not following cues. $175 for 6 month doesn't seem like much to me for an entire family. My gym is $19.99 a month with a $40 one time fee. Luckily, my employer pays my monthly fee. It includes all of the classes I want! Also, there was a special 3 personal training sessions for $99 which I bought. I'm saving them until after I finish this next CPA exam.

Any big weekends plans for anybody? I'm meeting up with my Aunt and her best friend in the city this weekend. They are coming out to New York on a bus trip. We'll walk around all day which will be nice. Other than that, I'll be locked up studying for my exam in ONE WEEK AHHH...

Have a smurfy day!
    Jeff
  • gmpearse
    gmpearse Posts: 136
    Options
    Connie, I paid $360 for the year and not all of the classes were included. It sounds like a deal and a great motivator to try a class you may not have wanted to pay extra for.
    We have my daughters birthday this weekend. Birthday cake and ice cream :happy: The good thing is that I already am planning how to have the spare calories so I can enjoy the festivities. Good luck on your exam Jeff.
  • connieq288
    connieq288 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    Jeff.... I am sending Brainy Smurf over there to help you study. Good luck on your exam.
  • DisneyBride13
    Options
    Morning!

Home alone all day......

Trying to stay away from boredom "picking"

Wish me luck!

:bigsmile:
  • pdxmomof2
    pdxmomof2 Posts: 643
    Options
    Good morning Guys and Gals!

I hope you are all having a wonderful morning.

I still only have 18 people out of 30 giving me their weigh in for this week! Some are new but that still leaves at leaves at least 7 or 8 people who have not given me their weight. I was hoping we could get out #s in ASAP this time. We are always last(but never least!).

Come on everyone! You can do it!

Have a good day!

Amy:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • Sunibc22
    Sunibc22 Posts: 330
    Options
    Morning,

Just wanted to say a quick 'hi'. Yesterday was my 1 day off exercise and it was really tough staying within that 1200 cals but I did it. Now back to the gym today so I can eat more!!...lol.

I was pretty excited yesterday when I weighed in. I am no longer in the obese catagory but down to the overweight catagory!!...Yay me! I am so looking forward to being in the noemal catagory eventually. I am trying to take this slow as to make it a way of life not a diet. Any how...that's all I've got this morning.

Oh....and it's snowing here!!!! YUCK!!!

Shauna:flowerforyou:
  • punka274
    punka274 Posts: 895
    Options
    Hey everybody! :happy: sorry ive been MIA latley...its been crazy around here! I haven't worked out this week either:ohwell: I plan on getting on the treadmill later for an hour while watching a movie. My plan is to get in cardio for the next four days and then start back with my weights on monday. I haven't don't any weight lifting in two weeks due to my back injury that is just now feeling better.

connie-I know how you feel, ive lived in this neighbor hood for aboutr 8 yrs and still no friends. theres a local park that i noticed a couple of the neighbors going to so their younger childeren can play together. I almost ask about it when i run into them at the supermarket or wherever....im just to shy though. Great deal with your gym member ship!

Hey to everybody....sorry this is short but ive got to buggie if im going to get in that workout and then run over to my MIL's to clean up a bit before supper....everybody have a great day!
  • ThisIsJeffHere
    Options
    Congrats, Shauna! What a great accomplishment.