100+ pounds to loose.... looking for buddies

Options
2»

Replies

• Garcialynne
    Garcialynne Posts: 33
    Options
    I have a little over 100 pounds to go and have been having trouble...I so need motivation. I need to get back on track. Let see if we can keep each other motivated

Lynne :flowerforyou:
  • renshaw54
    renshaw54 Posts: 1
    Options
    All week, I was on the computer looking at Lap-Band surgery, weight loss camps, and everything in between. I have been heavy since I marreid 20 years ago, but the recent loss of my mother sent me into a tailspin. I thought that taking control of my life would be a tribute to her, but the weight kept piling on...higher than EVER in my life.

The last night, I thought, what the heck is this - I CAN DO IT BY MYSELF and spend that money doing something fun.

So, here I am, a total newbie. Brushed my teeth, scrubbed my face and took charge, signed in here, entered breakfast and off I go. I have motivation, I just need support....over 100 pounds to go!
  • dreynold
    Options
    Good for you for having faith in yourself to get this done once and for all! I am in the same boat as you! Just joined today and really love the ease of this site. I have 115 pounds total to loose... lost 34 of it 2 years ago with WW. Have managed to keep this 34 pounds off, but have diabetes and need to seriously get the rest off. I am slowing learning to love and forgive myself, have an awesome co-worker and daughter for inspiration!! Good wishes to everyone and stay motivated! PS brushing my teeth sounds like a great next step for today...I won't snack if the teethies are all clean and fresh! :0)
  • scompton73
    scompton73 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have that much to lose too. Keeping each other company and having "buddies" is a great way to encourage one another. Im here right along with you and everyone else.
  • tornberg1
    tornberg1 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I read your post and had to check the name because it sounded like me. I found this app for my android phone and it is really been easy to track all my calories. I have been trying to get motivated to loose weight for years, but had been too stressed out taking care of my Mom. Then she passed away and the day after she died I got pneumonia and was hospitalized for a week. I have been in poor health for over a year now, and depressed also. I got scared when my doctor said my fasting blood sugar was high. I have to get the 100+ pounds off. I was going to join weight watchers but didn't want to go to weekly meetings and spend all that money when I could spend it on my bills. Well I have been motivated for 2wks I hope I can keep it up too!