Just 13 lbs - Lots of inches! (Pics)

Options
13»

Replies

• kansasamy
    kansasamy Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Congrats! What a difference 13 lbs can make... I can see a LOT of change! Keep up the great work and thanks for the encouragement!
  • calmmomw3minimeez
    calmmomw3minimeez Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the pics, the tips, and the inspirational motivation...you are WORKIN' IT!!!:wink::wink:
  • Coco_Puff
    Coco_Puff Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    WOW!!!!! What a great job!!!!
  • Disneygal11
    Options
    You look amazing!! CONGRATULATIONS!!
  • whittrusty
    whittrusty Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    I'm currently training for a 10K in 13 days and a Half Marathon in October, so I run 3 days a week. I typically work out 5-6 days a week for 60 minutes. Strength training at least twice a week. I also do a lot of plyometrics (squat jumps, plyo jumps, step ups, etc.). And I also will do a kickboxing class about twice a month. I like to switch up my workouts to keep myself from getting bored. The most important thing is to find something you enjoy! :smile:

Nice work! Congratulations on your success! I really need to start doing strength training - can you tell me what you're doing? I'm struggling w/ how to get started! Do you have a specific routine that you follow? Thanks!

I don't really have to specific routine. I just try to work all my muscles at least once per week. Biceps, triceps, back, quads, hamstrings, abs. I use free weights, but you can certainly use machines at the gym if you don't feel comfortable with free weights. You could also ask someone at the gym how to use free weights, or if you don't have a gym, google would probably be a good resource too!

A lot of people say that women should use less weight with more reps to build lean muscle and not "bulk up". I lift as heavy as I can and do 10-20 reps for each exercise. I haven't had any problem with "bulking up", but I have gotten a lot stronger and lost a lot of body fat % too!

You can also do old fashioned push ups for a great strength move!
  • mustnothrowcantelopes
    mustnothrowcantelopes Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    The sad part is , I showed this post to my mom and she was very skeptical. She thought that your 'before' picture was blown up and that you were paid to sell something, because the 'after' picture right next to it doesn't match up in size. I explained to her that this was posted on a forum supporting people on myfitnesspal and how you were addressing those people that have lost some weight but don't feel like it's significant when really they are losing inches in different places that do make a difference. She was still doubtful, which made me annoyed, but I could definitely see the difference. You're doing a fantastic job!
  • RolaneSue
    RolaneSue Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Great effort! Keep it up & be healthy! :smile:

3429143.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Debzxx
    Debzxx Posts: 14
    Options
    Little things lead to big things..... Your well on your way well done xxx
  • firegrl607
    firegrl607 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Looking great! When I started my journey on February 4th of this year I decided to do measurements. Since then I'm down 25 inches overall and only 11 pounds. I've been working out and am amazed at my progress in the gym. Keep going! You can do it!
  • sarah_bid
    sarah_bid Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Wow Well done keep up the good work xxx
  • blessedwith3boys
    blessedwith3boys Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Great job! Keep up the good work!
  • jreese5226
    jreese5226 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    You look great! Keep up the great work!
  • whittrusty
    Options
    The sad part is , I showed this post to my mom and she was very skeptical. She thought that your 'before' picture was blown up and that you were paid to sell something, because the 'after' picture right next to it doesn't match up in size. I explained to her that this was posted on a forum supporting people on myfitnesspal and how you were addressing those people that have lost some weight but don't feel like it's significant when really they are losing inches in different places that do make a difference. She was still doubtful, which made me annoyed, but I could definitely see the difference. You're doing a fantastic job!

LOL. Well, I promise you that those pictures are completely authentic!! I will admit that the before picture is bigger, but that's just because they were taking at a different zoom. :smile:
  • whittrusty
    Options
    Looking great! When I started my journey on February 4th of this year I decided to do measurements. Since then I'm down 25 inches overall and only 11 pounds. I've been working out and am amazed at my progress in the gym. Keep going! You can do it!

Great job!! That's amazing progress!!
  • shannonpatton
    shannonpatton Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Great job! I can totally tell!
  • RolaneSue
    RolaneSue Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Fantastic effort!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!