Workout Snax?

Options
Here's one for all you MFP'ers... I typically do a 90 minute workout at the club. 2ea 35 minutes on the Elliptical, and a 20 minute set on the rower. So I've been noticing that about half way through, I get really hungry! :grumble: Does anyone else experience this? If so, what kind of snacks do you take with you to the gym? Thanx! :drinker:

Replies

• jamerz3294
    jamerz3294 Posts: 1,824 Member
    Options
    Here's one for all you MFP'ers... I typically do a 90 minute workout at the club. 2ea 35 minutes on the Elliptical, and a 20 minute set on the rower. So I've been noticing that about half way through, I get really hungry! :grumble: Does anyone else experience this? If so, what kind of snacks do you take with you to the gym? Thanx! :drinker:
  • LokiFae
    LokiFae Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    I've heard chocolate milk is good for an AFTER-workout snack, so I've been drinking a glass when I get out of the gym. Otherwise, I would bring something like a bar so that you could eat while you were on the elliptical and wouldn't have to stop in the middle. Also, maybe you're just thirsty? I know that about halfway through my workout, I have to chug some water and then I feel a little better. I go through at least 25 oz. of water in my workout.
  • jamerz3294
    Options
    Yeah, I usually go thru about 30 oz of water during my workouts too! Hmmm... a bar of some kind may be ok, and I do take a break between each activity, so I could sit and munch for a minute.
  • Juliebean
    Juliebean Posts: 317
    Options
    Try a Fiber One bar. They're delicious and easy to carry with you.
  • jamerz3294
    Options
    Hmmm... Ezzie has some Curves Bars, that taste like cardboard :noway: And I refuse to eat them, I don't care how "healthy" they are, lol! But I'd be willing to try sumpn else, if really did have a good flavor. It's just that so many of the healthy bars, and such, taste like shredded newspaper, after it's been in the bird cage (so to speak). :grumble:
  • lmwardx
    lmwardx Posts: 74
    Options
    i bring grapes and trail mix!
  • Jubilee
    Jubilee Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Can I suggest you try these bars that I have recently discovered, they are called Protilife Chocolate Crunch bars - 170 calories per bar and 16g of protien. They are really very good- honest (lol). Found at the grocery store in the protien bar-weight loss aisle. I buy them at Superstore (Canadian girl here) and they are very reasonably priced -- $7.49 for a box of 5. I`d put money on it that you like if not love them! There are other flavours too that I haven`t tried.
  • jrskeen78
    Options
    Becareful with drinking milk, chocolate or plain before, during (especially during), and after work outs. When you work out, your body temp rises and drinking milk before or 1 hour after a workout can cause the milk in your stomach to curdle and curdeled milk wreaks havoc on your digestive system.
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    Becareful with drinking milk, chocolate or plain before, during (especially during), and after work outs. When you work out, your body temp rises and drinking milk before or 1 hour after a workout can cause the milk in your stomach to curdle and curdeled milk wreaks havoc on your digestive system.

Heated, curdled milk....you mean....YOGURT? LOL :wink:

If you're lactose intolerant, it'll give you gas. If not, it'll probably just take a long time to digest because blood is being diverted to the muscles rather than the GI tract. If curdled milk was a serious problem, no one could digest it--it curdles once it contacts your stomach acid. Curdling milk is how we get cheese and yogurt.