How are you able to drink so much water?

Options
124»

Replies

• Sandiweber03
    Options
    Thanks for all the tips everyone! It really helps!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • misscristie
    misscristie Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    I used to hate water. And when I drink anything but water, I again have a little spurt where I hate it. BUT, after a bottle or 2, it's all I want.

I don't like tap water. I also don't like most bottled waters. I tried every bottled water there was until I found a couple I liked. I like Aquafina and Ozarka the best. Ozarka does home delivery, so I use their service and get the big bottles delivered for use at home and when I forget to get refills at the house, I buy aquafina at work.

Straws help too when you're first trying to start. Flavor packets help too, but they say that artificial sweeteners make you crave sugar. Don't know if that's true or not, but I'd avoid them if you can. Once you get used to it though, you really will notice a difference - in your appetite, your skin, everything.
  • seadog1
    seadog1 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I was trying to drink 8 glasses of water as MFP wanted, but dont think its necessary, go by the color of your urine, if its darker then a light yellow you prob need more water.
  • sheryllh79
    Options
    I reuse an empty water bottle and carry it around with me EVERYWHERE! Even when I'm not thirsty, I take a couple of sips every so often. I put a Crystal Light flavor packet in it for added flavor so i don't get bored drinking it. I found my favorite flavor that I use pretty often and my kids even started carrying around a water bottle too! When I'm at home, I drink water plain, but just remind yourself to take a sip of water every so often like every 10 to 20 minutes and after a while it'll become like 2nd nature. It'll help hydrate your body and flush out any toxins.
  • kmyers9
    kmyers9 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I was exactly the same way! What I did to start was to treat it like a MUST DO...kind of like you have to take a dose of medicine:) I would take 8oz and just drink it, thirsty or not. I did this throughout the day. Now, I just keep a full bottle of water with me at all times. When I finish it off, I fill it back up (I have my own, I don't like plastic:)). Like others have posted, once you start...your body will crave it more. It's just getting started that is tought!
  • lisa_lotte
    lisa_lotte Posts: 216
    Options
    I find if I have a diet soda i'm less thirsty for the rest of the day, and stuggled to drink water. Now that I have stopped drionking diet coke i'm more nthirsty and am able to drink much more water...
  • jlzrdking
    jlzrdking Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to help my gf to stop drinking so much coke (yes i'm from the south it's all coke to us) and drink more water.

I've always been a water drinker so it's no big deal to me to drink lots but I've discovered something that really makes me want to chug water and my gf thinks this is terrible sounding.

I chew gun a lot while I'm at work, sugar free mint flavored, and when I get a fresh piece of gum I like to drink ice cold water with it.

I can usually drink a full 16oz bottle pretty quick when I do this and I think it's wondeful, it makes the already cold water taste colder.

Has anyone else tried this??
  • eeeekie
    eeeekie Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    I keep a 50oz water bottle by my side constantly. I find it easier when I have it. If I don't have it I don't generally get much water in. When I do I find I fill it between 2-3 times a day
  • fitterpam
    fitterpam Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    I bought a 3 cup bottle. My biggest reason for not getting enough was the pain it was to fill the glass so now, if I fill 3 times, I'm getting 9 glasses (although, for my body weight, I should be drinking closer to 15, but 9 is better than 3)
  • BrandNewMia
    BrandNewMia Posts: 461
    Options
    I agree with the posters that have suggested keeping a water bottle with you ALL the time and getting one that has a straw. And it's true - the more you drink, the more you will want.

I start every morning with 16ozs of water before I do anything else. Then I eat breakfast, exercise, snack, and have lunch. I aim to get 8-10 glasses of water down by the time lunch is finished, so everything I drink after that is extra. I get 14-16 glasses down every day, sometimes more, but I stop counting after reaching 16. My water bottles go everywhere I go, I ALWAYS have one with me!
  • InsaneOne
    Options
    I grew up with the most horrible diet as a child and teenager. I hated water so much.. that I'd cry when I was younger when there was no soda to drink lmao. Water that time tasted so boring and nasty to me. There was no flavor or sugar.. then it changed as I started college. I had trouble drinking it at first but to me I'd rather drink water than diet soda (diet soda tastes not so good to my taste buds). Me cold turkey on soda was wonderful (didn't experience headachs from lack of caffeine) as I was losing weight every week and working out alot.. I found myself drinking so much water without even thinking. It was second nature to me to pick up a water..

So you just got to try to keep that water bottle with you all the time to get water in. What really helped me the most though is if I ever ate out for a good salad I'd get water. So choose nothing but water.. it might help. Also my fridge had nothing but water in it :-).. no other drink with the exception of milk.