How do you do water?

Options
I need some help getting in my daily water. I don't mind drinking plain water, i just have trouble remembering to drink enough. How do you remember to get all your water in?

Replies

• catysthename
    catysthename Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I have the same question...
    Would tea work? Or kool-aid mix? It's all water based, right?
  • Stephisonaroll
    Options
    I don't think tea or koolaid counts..too much sugar...I am interested in tips too
  • kdao
    kdao Posts: 265
    Options
    I drink 2 cups first thing when I wake up, and then 2 cups with every meal and snack. At the end of the day, I am at about 16 cups. :smile:
  • WildFlower7
    WildFlower7 Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    I drink a glass before I put anything into my mouth (drink anything, eat anything) so it's almost like working for my coffee, I have to drink a 12oz glass before I get my coffee, or before I eat my breakfast...that's how I remember, it works very well! I've done ti for so long that its habit now!
  • vayax
    vayax Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I have the bottle with me all the time. If I'm at the office it is sitting on my desk right in front of me and I know I need to fill it up a couple of times a day ;)
  • mallorybriann
    mallorybriann Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    I have a refillable water bottle with a straw. It's about 2.5 cups. So I usually drink 4 to 5 of them per day.
    I just fill it up often and drink! I find that with regular water bottles or cups I wasn't drinking as much.
    I also like adding things to my water, like lime, lemon, anything without an artificial sweetener.
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    I carry a 32 ounce water bottle with me at all times while at work.
  • proverbs31chick
    proverbs31chick Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    I buy the 24 pack of water from Walmart or you could go to Costco and I drink 4 16 ounce bottles a day, that is 64 ounces which is what is recommended. Sometimes I drink more, your body will get so use to the water, I HAVE to drink it everyday, i put it on my desk at work, its so much easier to get through them at work then at home, but I still drink it on the weekends.
  • WarmDontBurn
    WarmDontBurn Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    I HATE water. I add one of the iced tea singles to each 20oz and I drink 5 or 6 jugs a day no problem...doesn't feel like such a chore.

ETA: the iced tea singles are only 5 calories and use splenda instead of sugar.
  • lemanda
    lemanda Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I have a 4 cup water bottle and I make sure I drink at least two bottles in a day. You would be amazed how fast you can drink some water when its in a water bottle! And I wouldn't drink kool-aid because it has A LOT of sugar and that would sort of defeat the purpose.
  • Peep_chic
    Peep_chic Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I count the first few and log it in as soon as possible to not forget. I have the app and it makes it easier to log it in quick.
  • lutzsher
    lutzsher Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    I have a desk job in front of my computer every day so I have a reminder that just "pops" up each hour telling me to drink a glass of water. This also ensures that I get up each hour and not only get my water, but do a lap around the office just to move a bit (not to mention have to stop at the ladies room, of course!).
  • FaithandFitness
    FaithandFitness Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    I have this big cup from Zaxby's ( a chicken fast food place for those that have never heard of it) I fill it to the brim twice a day. I set it out on my kitchen counter. Being a SAHM to 4 kids I pass through the kitchen frequently and I take a few gulps. I find that I get through both fillings without much trouble and I stay hydrated during the day.

I think tea, especially green tea is good as long as it is caffeine free.

I would be careful of kool aid type drinks, they may have extra sugars or artificial sweeteners (if you care about that or not)
  • JennDoesKeto
    JennDoesKeto Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    get a refillable 20oz bottle. put rubber bands on it at the bottom to keep track of how many times you have filled it. add a band or take off a band usually i would take away one ever fill up so i would know how many more to drink by bed. (this is the old way i did it) now i have a 32oz cup at my desk at work. usually by the end of lunch i make sure that i am done my second fill and am filling for the third time. and usually one more before i leave for the day. then i drink water at home so i always know im getting plenty.
  • laurenlei
    laurenlei Posts: 96
    Options
    I sit at a desk all day so i always make sure i have a pint glass with water in and as soon as it is empty i fill it up straight away. That way i always have water to hand. Not sure if this is appropriate for you?! Could fill a litre bottle and drink from that?

I also only ever drink water or green tea, nothing else (unless i go out for dinner). That way, I have gotten into the habit of remembering to drink enough.
  • ms_erica
    ms_erica Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    it's hard at first but it is do-able. I just switched all my drinks for water instead. I drink 2 cups when i wake up and then a cup or two with each meal and snack...it just depends.
  • LCong
    LCong Posts: 14
    Options
    I've found that the best way is to just keep a colourful water bottle with you at all times. It just gets to be a habit of having it with you. You can buy a really pretty one that will help you feel good about it ;o).
  • a_stronger_steph
    a_stronger_steph Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I keep a great big 1L nalgene around at my desk at work. In the morning I fill it up with nice cool water, and drink throughout the day (since it's right beside me). At lunch I usually fill it up again and it lasts me till the end of the day.

I also make sure to have at least 250-500 mL in the morning when I wake up and during breakfast. At night I fill a glass to drink with dinner and then refill it after dinner as well. :)
  • SeasideOasis
    SeasideOasis Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    Plan water isnt always my bestfriend, so I put a half packet of Crystal Light (I go for the metabolism boosters and tea flavors) in my water bottled. If I use a whole packet, then Ive had at least 34 ounces of water then when you go to the gym, just make sure you drink a little bit more water before, during, and after workouts.
  • dbays3
    dbays3 Posts: 3
    Options
    :drinker: I remember my water intakes by ponytail holders! I buy the colored ones at walmart and everytime I drink a bottled water,I wrap a pony tail holder once around the bottle,refill,freeze and use the same water bottle for one day.At the end of the day you just count them.:smile: It is something that works for me.And also I know which water bottle is mine when you have several other people drinking water too.I hope this helps.