I need motivation!!

Options
This year I'm trying to lose 70 pounds! I've been eating healthy for the past two weeks and havent lost a pound yet.. I'm ready to give up!:cry:

Replies

• ladylaycee
    Options
    This year I'm trying to lose 70 pounds! I've been eating healthy for the past two weeks and havent lost a pound yet.. I'm ready to give up!:cry:
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Don't give up! You are changing your entire way of living and it will take time for your body to adjust! Everyone is different and you WILL see results...it just may take you a little longer. Please don't lose hope...we are all here for you! YOU CAN DO THIS!!!!

*Kistinbee*
  • guerra4444
    Options
    Obviously the best motivation is seeing the scale drop..... But I agree with the below comment, you are changing your body, and it's kinda in shock right now and will take time to adjust and realize what is going on! My resolution was to drop 20-25 by my birthday in July. My first two weeks of excersizing, not only did I not lose any weight, I gained three pounds!!! Talk about frustrating! But I kept it up and over the last week I have dropped those 3 and lost an additional lb. We all hit plateaus which can be really frustrating, but just know that if you keep it up, you will see the results you want and it makes it all worthwhile!!!!! Don't give up!
  • erin83070
    erin83070 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Don't give up!!!! It's a slow process, and sometimes those 'off the scale' victories are more important than a number. Try to be positive about the changes you've made and how you feel! If you're not feeling positive, maybe set a small attainable goal for yourself! :heart:
  • leelee93
    Options
    I understand. I have been running for 7 months and ran a 5K and now 10K. I have not lost weight but gained 3 lbs over the course of my training. I also lift weights. It is very frustrating when you excercise and eat right and the weight sticks to you like glue, Don't give up-consistency is half the battle. Perhaps you could eat several small meals to retrain yourself to eat smaller portions. Eat slower, I have issues with portion control even when having something healthy. Eating smaller meals more often means I am keeping my body at a level where I am not starving so I don't scarf my food down. Keep up your hard work!
  • ChimyWang
    Options
    Yeah don't give up. I agree with the above comment with those "off the scale" victories are more important than a number. Before I couldn't pick up a penny off the floor with huffing and puffing afterwards.

Have you ever heard of the psychologist term "setting point". A idea in psychology is that your mind has a set point of how much weight you are. It sets your metabolism to this. So when you try to lose weight your metabolism slows down to try to reach your normal weight. I personally have experienced this when I was trying to lose my 42 pounds. I diet was clean and my exercise regimen was intense. I was losing weight but as soon as I ate bad it seemed like I would gain 3 pounds. It was very depressing and would blame my slow metabolism. Finally though I reached my goal. Still once I ate bad I would gain weight quite fast. It took me 4 months after reaching my goal, which took me 5 months, of maintaining a healthy life-style to finally where my body, I feel, has changed my "setting point". Now I can cheat like 4 times a week and not gain a pound. I feel that by maintaining my weight for a long period of time my mind changed my metabolism. The problem I seem to be having now is gaining weight.

I know this is still a controversial topic and I need more read up on it more but it does explain a lot to why individuals have a hard time losing weight even when they do everything right.

Well I hope I helped you out.