Hi! Almost 40 and getting fit!

Options
Hi! I'm Candi and I've been logging in since late Januray. I'm down 8 lbs so far, and have 49 more to go! There will be more, but 49 sounded less daunting than 74!)

I'm chronicling my fitness endeavors on a blog. I've signed up for the Warrior Dash in Central Texas in November, which gives me time to train and get fit. I chose this race for several reasons- 1-It is sooo not my kind of thing to do (not very outdoorsy) 2-I really don't like dirty or murky water, and this forces me to get over that 3-It requires stamina and some strength, both of which I need.

I'm excited, almost obsessed, about the changes I've already seen in the last two months. I am enjoying exercising and already looking forward to my next workout.

I hope you will check out my blog and share your story, too!

Replies

• redwingluvr
    redwingluvr Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! Would love to help support you!!! Friend request if you'd like!! Good luck on your journey!!!!
  • idahogirl71
    idahogirl71 Posts: 1,110 Member
    Options
    I will be 40 in October and also started this journey in January (the 19th). Keep up the excitement along this endeavor, you will do great! I wish I had the guts to sign up for a run or walk of any kind. Thinking about doing walk for life this year (I've only done volunteering in the past, no walking). Have a great week!
  • summergirlnj
    summergirlnj Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi Candi. My name is Dawn and I am 40. You are doing a great job. I think this site has helped me a lot bringing motivation and I see it is helping you as well. Good luck with your goals - You can do it!!
  • Sueboo31
    Sueboo31 Posts: 128
    Options
    Congrats on the 81bs! I love your attitude and excitement!
  • smilebhappy
    smilebhappy Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Hi Candi~
    Welcome to MFP! My name is Shelly =)
    It looks like we have similar weight loss goals......
    would love to be able to support each other...friend request me if you'd like ;)
    I love your excitement & attitude.....congrats on your recent weight loss!!

I've also bookmarked your blog as I would like to check it out later.
  • tessastiltner
    Options
    Congrats Candi, I'm really excited to keep up with your blog. I would love to find something like the Warrior Dash here in KY. You can add me as a friend it you like, you sound so inspiring. Good luck with everything, sounds like your going to be a great Warrior Princess, lol no I take that back your going to be a Warrior Queen!
  • candirw
    candirw Posts: 22
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the welcome! Already it seems like this is a great place to be!
  • MrsTWard
    MrsTWard Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    welcome! you can do it!!