new Rachel Cosgrove article on skinny fat - interesting

Options
Rachel Cosgrove (famous trainer & fitness author) comes up on my FB notifications, and she's just published a new article on skinny fat... basically discussion on how people can still be obese in terms of their BF% yet are technically their ideal weight on the scale.

http://www.the-signal.com/section/42/article/42007

Replies

• edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    thanks
  • Mahlissa
    Mahlissa Posts: 128
    Options
    Great article and so very true. thanks for sharing.
  • punkrawkcutie
    punkrawkcutie Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    bump
  • cheangela
    cheangela Posts: 173
    Options
    Rachel's book, Female Total Body Breakthrough is kind of awesome. I highly recommend any of her writings :-). Go lift something heavy girls!
  • ShellyMacchi
    ShellyMacchi Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    good one.. thanks for sharing!
  • tinboy
    tinboy Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    thanks for sharing!
  • baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    I love this bit:

"Many women carry purses that weigh 10 to 20 pounds, yet they head into the gym to change their body and lift little five-pound dumbbells. That won’t change your body. Use weights that are challenging and will build lean body mass to boost your metabolism and lead to a toned, fit body long term."
  • mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    I love this bit:

"Many women carry purses that weigh 10 to 20 pounds, yet they head into the gym to change their body and lift little five-pound dumbbells. That won’t change your body. Use weights that are challenging and will build lean body mass to boost your metabolism and lead to a toned, fit body long term."

Ditto!! That's my favorite quote on her page. I love heavy weights and keep increasing as I go.
  • callipygianchronicle
    callipygianchronicle Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Excellent info. Thanks for sharing.