spaghetti squash

Options
pkd1
pkd1 Posts: 170 Member
I bought a spaghetti squash for the first time and need some recipes so if anyone has some please send :happy:

Replies

• lahlstrom
    Options
    Bake it in the oven at 375 for an hour. Let cool and scoop out into bowl. Can use this with any pasta sauce. Spaghetti squash is a great and healthy substitute for pasta.
  • sabes2631
    sabes2631 Posts: 403
    Options
    Pasta sauce has alot of sodium. I usually scoop some garlic and some pepper into it then chop a tomato (diced) and mix that in.
    You can stir in some ground turkey and some cinnamon as well - gives it a nice flavor and some protein.
    I live on spaghetti squash. Its a good fill you up.
  • missjboone
    missjboone Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    You can also cut it in half, fill a glass baking dish (like a brownie one) with about 1/2 in of water. Scoop out the seeds and put the squash cut side down in the water and stick it in the microwave for about 5 minutes. Then you can spoon your favorite sauce on top. Quick, easy and delicious!
  • Aintplayin
    Aintplayin Posts: 102
    Options
    Bake it in the oven at 375 for an hour. Let cool and scoop out into bowl. Can use this with any pasta sauce. Spaghetti squash is a great and healthy substitute for pasta.

I'm going to give that a whirl =) I love doing different things from a traditional standpoint.
  • MSDRIZZ
    MSDRIZZ Posts: 246
    Options
    I love any kind of squash. The way you prepare it is just like i do, but I don't get how anybody thinks this resembles pasta in any way lol
  • TropicalKitty
    TropicalKitty Posts: 2,298 Member
    Options
    Cut in half, put a lil bit of olive oil on the edge, place upside down in a baking dish with some water. Poke with fork. Bake in oven at 375 for about 45mins, until the flesh inside is soft & stringy.

Take out of oven, pull flesh out - it'll look like angel hair pasta. Put in sautee pan with some butter and olive oil (or just olive) some minced or pressed garlic. Pepper, a lil salt...sautee. Sprinkle with parmesean, if you like it.

Edit: I agree with the PP about it not being like pasta. It looks like it, but the texture is different. I like it for what it is, not as a pasta replacement.
  • mirna_ayala0428
    mirna_ayala0428 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I cut in half and remove seeds. Sprinkle a little bit of olive oil, salt and pepper and bake for 30 minutes or so. Then let them cool. Use a fork to take out the spaghetti squash. I normally use store bought spaghetti sauce and ground turkey. Sometimes I would use progresso clam sauce and add shrimps.
  • ladybug91254
    ladybug91254 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I bake mine (cut in half, scoop out the seeds & put halves cut side down in a baking dish with about an inch of water) microwave between 15 & 20 min. Take a fork and scrape out the squash. I serve with light Ragu spaghetti sauce and 4 oz of chicken, about a tbsp of parmesan cheese...yummy! I have gotten where I enjoy this even more than regular spaghetti. Very filling and lots less calories.
  • arfdemob5
    arfdemob5 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Pasta sauce has alot of sodium. I usually scoop some garlic and some pepper into it then chop a tomato (diced) and mix that in.
    You can stir in some ground turkey and some cinnamon as well - gives it a nice flavor and some protein.
    I live on spaghetti squash. Its a good fill you up.

not all pasta sauces have a lot of sodium.
    If you look you can find some with as few as 25 mg per serving!
  • Michelle_J
    Michelle_J Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    bump
  • cbonuz
    cbonuz Posts: 63
    Options
    bump!:smile: