Coffee Drinkers!

Options
What kind of coffee do you like the best? I am a big coffee drinker but was wondering if there are "healthy" ones...Or if all beans are pretty much the same? I normally drink a kind my parents brought home from Ethiopia or from a online coffee store we love. Plus I loooove to try new types of coffee!

Replies

• megpiemac12
    Options
    I like the starbucks via. Low calorie for a decent cup of coffee...
  • JoyousRen
    JoyousRen Posts: 3,823 Member
    Options
    a cup of black coffee has maybe 5 calories. It's what you put in it that adds calories.
  • vabheegaard
    Options
    As a Colombian, nothing liker freshly brewed coffee!! Lately I am addicted to my new Nespresso machine!!!!!! Love it!!!! It's my little splurge every day!
  • meboodro
    meboodro Posts: 4
    Options
    I'm from south Louisiana, so I only drink Community Coffee, but there have been so many recent studies of the benefits of coffee in general. I think you will be fine no matter which brand you choose as long as you limit it to a couple cups a day.
  • dcrabill10
    Options
    As long as you don't "ruin" the coffee with creamers, you're only going to get around 4-5 calories anyway. I drink Carribou Blend from my Keurig which is only 4 calories.
  • HannahPastoor
    Options
    I'm from south Louisiana, so I only drink Community Coffee, but there have been so many recent studies of the benefits of coffee in general. I think you will be fine no matter which brand you choose as long as you limit it to a couple cups a day.

Whats community coffee?
  • MistyMtnMan
    MistyMtnMan Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    There's not too much difference in coffee nutrition wise. It's all the same plant. The thing that makes them different is the region the bean is grown and the roasting process. Peet's Coffee Major ****ason is delicious, Intellegenstia makes AWESOME coffee, and as for Starbucks, I love the Serena Organic Blend the most although Yukon and Casi Cielo are also good. It depends on what you like, lighter or bolder. I worked at Starbucks for 6 years so I'm a bit of a coffee connoisseur.
  • UpToAnyCool
    UpToAnyCool Posts: 1,673
    Options
    Peet's Coffee Major D1ckason is delicious,

^ Yes! My favorite! :laugh:

i also like to use Illy or Lavazza in my stovetop espresso pot. super simple, no paper filters.
  • a_stronger_steph
    a_stronger_steph Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I love buying my beans (I don't think there is that much difference in them calorie wise) and grinding them right before I make the coffee. I have a little coffee grinder at my desk at work. Then I make it in a French press. So flavourful and rich - I find this way, I don't need any sugar or milk at all... just enjoy the full taste of the coffee. Whereas if I buy coffee from Tim Horton's or Starbucks, I almost always need to put something in it (Timmies because I don't really like their coffee, Starbucks because they always make the coffee way too strong and over-roast the beans).
  • zydratethief
    Options
    Well Well!

I drink mine strong and black ( Americano)

If im feeling like treating myself i allow myself a bit of milk :P (never sugar , never ever!, it only ruins it in my opinion)

I like a arabica roast that my local chain makes, and a house blend that they make which is a mix of south American and African beans (names elude me)

Starbucks Pikes Place is my favourite..
  • Oompa_Loompa
    Oompa_Loompa Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    I get mine from dunkin donuts. black
  • ashley0616
    ashley0616 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    All beans are created equal, calorie wise. Taste is another story altogether. :smile:

As for what to put in it, it is up to you. Skim milk, half and half, sugar, sugar free creamers...these things will all add calories so just use your best judgement.
  • taletreader
    taletreader Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    We used to drink Peet's, but now are ordering from Café Britt online. Lovely coffee. I drink mine no-sugar with a bit of low-fat milk and my partner drinks it black with multiple teaspoonfuls of sugar.
  • Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    Coffee is very low calorie, it's what you put in it that can be high. I usually drink Trader Joe's or Dunkin Donuts coffees with a little skim milk and Splenda. I also LOVE cafe mocha's so have learned to have it a little lighter than a coffee shop would make it. I use 1T Hershey's half the sugar chocolate syrup and skim milk with espresso. I think it comes to about 80 cal. Sometimes I do love to splurge(like when pumpkin spice and gingerbread lattes were in season...yum) and get the higher calorie versions but too much of that adds up!
  • sbwood888
    sbwood888 Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Sheetz Bros. coffee. I would not fit in well with true coffee connoisseurs. I just love the coffee served at my local Sheetz convenience store. When I am traveling and can't go to Sheetz, believe it or not, my second choice is McDonald's coffee. :drinker: The most important thing to me is it must be very HOT and cannot be bitter. No fancy flavors. Cream and splenda.
  • lovetowrite73
    lovetowrite73 Posts: 1,244 Member
    Options
    I love Sumatra coffee - I don't care where I get it from. I haven't run across a bad Sumatra yet.
  • onefunnybroad
    Options
    I like the Smooth Sailing blend from Coffee Fool. It's a lower acid so it's gentler on my stomach. If I drink too much "regular" coffee I get heartburn, but the Smooth Sailing is super mellow and yummy. They don't roast the beans until you place your order, too, so it's always fresh.
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    I have home delivery from Gevalia. My boyfriend won't even touch Folgers or Maxwell House anymore. Our favorites so far are the Dark Roast and the Stockholm Blend. We get the whole bean coffee and grind it ourselves. Their Chai black tea is fantastic too.
  • tryinghard2012
    tryinghard2012 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I like all coffee except Starbucks and Dunkin Donuts. Taste weird.
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    My favorite is the Starbucks Verona. It almost tastes like there's a teensy bit of very dark chocolate in there (there isn't though).

Illy makes good espresso beans.