New guy here.

Options
Hello everyone.

My name is Josh, i just started using myfitnesspal on my iphone about two weeks ago, and it is a great tool in helping me lose weight. I have been on a low calorie diet for about two weeks, and i have lost 13lbs. I stil have about 120 to go. My goal is to be fit and in shape for my wedding in Aug 2012. It's great to have a community like this.

Starting Wight: 352lb on March 8th

Current weight as of March 20th: 339lb

Goal: 215lb

Replies

• cesctheman
    cesctheman Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the site
    I just started using this site again
    add me as a friend if u want
  • Michelle_J
    Michelle_J Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    welcome! And congrats on your 13 lb loss. Feel free to add me. I'm a good MFP friend =]
  • candirw
    candirw Posts: 22
    Options
    Wow Josh!

Sounds like you're off to a great start! Keep up the great work!!
  • glittersoul
    glittersoul Posts: 671
    Options
    Welcome to the site and good luck with your weight loss. Add me as a friend if you want another one :)
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    hello and welcome, well done on your loss so far! i found mfp very helpful, id lost some before i joined in jan, but this is the healthiest and easiest way ive done it! feel free to add me as a friend!
  • bobball
    bobball Posts: 57
    Options
    Welcome, feel free to friend me. Not too many guys here, lots of ladies, which is cool but good to see another Man, manning up and getting fit. I have to stay fit for my job and I have found that counting calories is really the only lifestyle change that works consistently to lose or maintain the proper fitness (fat) level.

I have been doing it on an off for about 10 years (mostly on) and have never not passed a fitness test for my job in 9 years and I am coming up on 48 years old!

Don't hesitate to ask questions. I have found that you get a lot of good answers here and people are not trying to sell you anything.

Bob
  • tdorren
    tdorren Posts: 5
    Options
    Welcome!

One tip, have long-term goals, but also set short term goals in increments of 10 or 15lbs. By doing that you can feel good about accomplishments which will keep you motivated to get where you want to be in the end.

I also highly recommend seeing if a gym or Y near you has a, "biggest looser" type competition. The one near me has one and I signed up and love it. We are grouped in groups of 4 people and each group gets an hour with a personal trainer twice a week as well as nutrition classes, cooking classes and some challenges where we all get together. Dieting is great, and you will have big wins initially, but only by exercising will you be able to keep loosing enough to keep you motivated and get you where you want to be.

Anyways, my two cents,

Tim