I'm new and I'm READY

Options
Hello, everyone! I'm pretty new to this online weight loss thing, however I loving it!! I have 3 kids, under the age of 6. I'm an ARMY wife and proud of it. Currently, a single parent due to deployment. Along, with trying to lose about 50 pounds, I need to help relieve tons of stress!! If there is anyone out there in the Fort Hood area, please join me!!
I used to be SO tiny, a cheerleader and a size 0. After the birth of my third child, I added a two to that zero...in front of it! At my heaviest I was a size 20 weighing 211 pounds. Through Jazzercise, I was able to lose 40 pounds and drop to a size 10!!! In the past two months though, I've gained 16 pounds back! That is so frustrating. I couldn't figure it out, and still can't at times. I'm hoping keeping this online journal will help me to figure out how I yoyo so much...EX
week #1 185lbs
week #2 180lbs.
week #3 186.6lbs
Does anyone else ever experience such craziness in the weight flucuations?? Any advice???

Replies

• thomalr6180
    thomalr6180 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Being a military wife is hard by itself, but to have little ones makes it even more of a challenge. I notice that if I log my food and exercise is when I do my best. Keep your chin up and keep us all posted.
  • glenna221
    glenna221 Posts: 46
    Options
    Hormones and salt. Try eliminating foods with sodium - even packaged DIET foods contain tons of sodium, which can make you retain water, especially certain times of the month. Also, weigh yourself t that same time, same day of the week - I find this to be especially necessary if you have a routine. The fluctuation is frustrating, but keep at it.
  • rhonda1981
    rhonda1981 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Go Army!!!
    YES I have had this happen to me too. Two weeks ago I had a 4 pound flux but was able to make some adjustments to get it back off. Things to consider; how many sodium are you taking in, what time of the month was it. During my time I will retain up to about 10 pounds of just water weight...it drives me crazy.
  • jebfab2612
    Options
    Hello! Welcome to MFP! If you want support f eel free to friend me :)
  • Pinky_Calhoun
    Pinky_Calhoun Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, know we have all been there one time or another. I too am an Army wife and I got 55 pounds off last year with this site and my hubby's guidance while he was deployed. I found that if I switched my fitness routines and the foods I chose to eat every 4 weeks I would avoid gaining/plateauing. Hang in there Sweetie you can do it just take it one log in at a time. :drinker:
    123456654321 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Tracking your food and activity level should give you a better understanding of why you are gaining. Good luck!
  • favoredfeet
    Options
    Hi! Good job so far! Be patient w? yourself. yes, choosing to participate in this program should help. It will help you to monitor your food intake, exercise & monitor your sodium intake (which sometimes can be the cause of water weight gain/retention). Once you begin to notice your habits & see the affects of them you can then make adjustments. this program has been very elpful for me. Before starting this program I felt that I ate pretty healthy & did moderate exercise but I was not loosing much weight &/or it was inconsistent. What I soon learned was that my portion control was wrong, my eating was inconsisten( I was often afraid to eat, many time not eating enough calories), sometimes I was taken in more calories than I was burning. Yes, my foods may have been healthy, when I ate, but the balance of caloric intake, exercise, calories burned, sugar, carb & sodium intake was NOT! Good luck, stick to it. Almost 3 months in & I am still learning!