P90X Lean- is sequence of workouts important?

Options
Soooze
Soooze Posts: 122 Member
I started doing P90X. Do you think the sequence of workouts is important?

I plan to do the cardio workouts in the early morning. Then, for example, Sunday I like to go to the gym because I have more time so I want to do shoulders & legs. YogaX is quite long so I would do that one Saturday. Abs I would do on my lunch hour. I would still get the entire workouts in a week, just on different days that what is suggested.

What's your take on this?

Replies

• jljohnson
    jljohnson Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    I probably wouldn't put 2 weight days next to each other, or do Ab Ripper X 2 days in a row. Otherwise, I think it's fine to make it work for you. I agree that Yoga X is really long, so I have that on Saturday as well, and am doing Saturday's workout (Kenpo X) on Thursday.
  • samb
    samb Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    I agree, I think you will be fine as long as you don't put the strength days together and you only do ab ripper x every other day. Other than that I don't think it'll make too much of a difference. But you shouldn't keep the same workout plan for the entire 3 months.
  • A_shelton316
    A_shelton316 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I'm not a fan of Yoga at all so on Yoga X day I do X Stretch. Do what works for you.
  • abbigail_r
    abbigail_r Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I have wanted to try P90X But was wondering would I have to buy anything else, meaning equipment. And how long are the average workouts?
  • A_shelton316
    A_shelton316 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    You will need Weights, Bands or a pull up bar, and a yoga mat. Most of them are about an hour long a few are hour and a half. Once you get started you will fall in love like I have. Good Luck. :love:
  • SK24373
    SK24373 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I love P90X but I also think the Yoga is a bit long so I substitute Jillian Michael's Yoga meltdown which gives you the benefits of Yoga but is shorter and incorporates cardio movement. Give it a whirl!
  • bt78
    bt78 Posts: 2
    Options
    SK24373 -- i think it's fine to do strength days consecutively (if you want), but you should alternate body parts. For example: do chest/back on day 1, then do shoulders/arms on day 2, legs/back on day 3, kenpo day 4, chest/arms/shoulders day 5, yoga day 6. The point is to let a body part or muscle group recover, while you're working another part. If you want to substitute more cardio, that's fine also. If you do weights/strength discs, you only need to do each body part 2x per week at the most.

abbigail_r -- You'll likely need weights or bands, as long as it gives you resistance. You'll also need a yoga mat, and chin up bar to attach to the door. I bought the Iron Gym and I use a chair for support. The workouts are about 55 mins each. The ab workout is 16 minutes. The yoga workout is about 90. The first week or two is the hardest but you'll gradually workup your strength and endurance. Just stick with it...it gets easier.