Tips for a 2 week slimdown?

Options
So i have two weeks until im on a beach... in a bikini... so I was wondering if anyone had any really helpful tips to shedding any excess.

I'm promising myself I wont over eat. I've been doing the 30 day shred, but I plan on incorporating more workouts in these next few weeks.

Any miracle foods? I dont want to take any pills, just wondering if an yone had any tricks up their sleeve that worked for them.

Replies

• catysthename
    catysthename Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    In two weeks the most you'll lose is 2-4 pounds from a healthy diet and exercise routine. Maybe a little more if you've been retaining a significant amount of water.
  • Belle_Fille
    Belle_Fille Posts: 469
    Options
    there is no such thing as a HEALTHY/SAFE quick fix.
  • nibbynoo
    nibbynoo Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    water water and more water

fills you up and flushes you out

green tea is supposed to speed up you matabilism also.
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    Do the Grapefruit Diet, its low cal like 800-1000 cal a day but the max you can do it is 12 days so it works in your timeline.

I've done it for a max 5 days just for 2 separate weigh-ins - I am fully aware it is water weight and it comes back but the scale may boost your confidence and it's all natural healthy food, no expensive purchases.
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    there is no such thing as a HEALTHY/SAFE quick fix.

Actually I wanted to quote your signature, nice warning message! I have the same rule, I just don't post it.
  • kerryannk
    kerryannk Posts: 148
    Options
    obviously ive been doing this "the right way" for 2 months now. ii guess i was wondering if anyone knew of any "super foods" or ab blaster routines. i dont see how thats being unhealthy...?
  • AlienBaby
    AlienBaby Posts: 22
    Options
    i guess the only tips i can gice you are:

-drink LOTS of water
    -cut down on sodium. Fat and carbs
    -drink green tea
  • ChantalD75
    ChantalD75 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Try lemon in your water... supposed to help flush out the bad stuff....
  • meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options
    obviously ive been doing this "the right way" for 2 months now. ii guess i was wondering if anyone knew of any "super foods" or ab blaster routines. i dont see how thats being unhealthy...?

Because "super foods" or blaster routines are all going to be gimmicks that either don't work or are unhealthy.

If you can do without carbs you may be able to lose a good bit in such a short term, but it likely won't be permenant- but if you are looking for "best in my bikini vacation pics" it might be worht the sacrifice, as long as you realize you'll need to re-lose much of it later.
  • jenfitby40
    jenfitby40 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Look up Tosca Reno's clean eating cooler plan 1

You would have 5 meals per day, each consisting of protein and complex carbs - it is strict but good at seeing results

You would have no processed food /sugar/ salt/ juice/ dairy

I did it monday to fri last week and dropped 3lb, also back on it today as I too have to be in a bikini in 2 weeks :)

good luck
  • catysthename
    catysthename Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I would just do A LOTTTT of crunches. I think abs are the most looked at part of the body in a bikini anyways. And your butt takes awhile to tone.
  • amehrkens
    amehrkens Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I would say low carb high protein. The atkins diest says you can lose up to 10% of your excess weight in the first 2 weeks but you have to be pretty strict with it. Also like the others have said once you stop low carbing, the weight will most likely return.
  • carrie_lebel
    Options
    Pushups. Squats. A lot. A spray tan to give your muscles some shadows. Keep plowing along
  • Oompa_Loompa
    Oompa_Loompa Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    Look up Tosca Reno's clean eating cooler plan 1

You would have 5 meals per day, each consisting of protein and complex carbs - it is strict but good at seeing results

You would have no processed food /sugar/ salt/ juice/ dairy

I did it monday to fri last week and dropped 3lb, also back on it today as I too have to be in a bikini in 2 weeks :)

good luck

bump
  • BerniceB
    BerniceB Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Please tell me what, "bump" means? Oh also what is the 30 day shred? Thanks.
  • trekkiebeth
    trekkiebeth Posts: 172
    Options
    Please tell me what, "bump" means? Oh also what is the 30 day shred? Thanks.

"Bump" is what you write when you want to "bump" a post back up to the top of the list when it's been pushed out of sight by more recent posts.

If you Google "30 Day Shred" you'll find it easily. It's a workout video by Jillian Michaels.
  • kerryannk
    kerryannk Posts: 148
    Options
    i imagine after my 12 day vacation i'm going to have weight to lose anyway :) i'm just going to do my best, drink lots of water, and keep gettin' my sweat on!