Subway- eat fresh! Or SALT!

Options
2»

Replies

• createsure
    Options
    Also, I read a recent study that people eat almost half again as many calories at Subway than at McDonald's, because it's been marketed as "healthy". Processed meat and white (or beige) bread is simply not the optimum choice.

At least McDonald's, Burger King, Wendy's et al don't market themselves as healthy. I don't necessarily think fast food is evil (OK, I sort of do) but that's what Subway is. . . fast food.

Hell yeah Subway is "fast food", as is any chain restaurant that has commercials on TV.

On the subject of salt, don't forget how much salt soups have in them, too. On the "weight watchers soup" post someone mentions that it is so good, and relatively low in sodium, yet a big ol' bowl of it (let's say 2 cups?) is half your sodium for the day. I have high blood pressure, but was also raised in a house that didn't use much salt at all, so I'm kind of used to it. Soups are the killer though.

If you don't have to worry about sodium you are lucky!!!
  • Patwin55
    Patwin55 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I quit adding salt to home-cooked food about 20 years ago, and got to where I could taste the salt in a piece of bread or in chocolate pudding. I can't understand how people can salt their food before they even taste it. I would think their tongues would pickle! It I eat chips or anything with a lot of salt, the sides of my tongue feel funny and the next day I have a migraine.
  • dulceluva
    dulceluva Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    it's all about taste and whether you want to train yourself for the long run.
  • createsure
    Options
    I quit adding salt to home-cooked food about 20 years ago, and got to where I could taste the salt in a piece of bread or in chocolate pudding. I can't understand how people can salt their food before they even taste it. I would think their tongues would pickle! It I eat chips or anything with a lot of salt, the sides of my tongue feel funny and the next day I have a migraine.

I know what you mean, I can't eat Reese's Peanut Butter Cups because they taste WAY too salty!!
  • clwilliams222
    Options
    yea subway may seem healthy but a big mistake that alot of people make is thinking that just because something is healthy they can eat ALOT of it. moderation is definitely the key in weight loss. and i've found that with moderation i can still have the treats that i like, even though i still try and stay away from high fats and high sugars. too much of anything is bad for you, even if its labeled "healthy"
  • lily08
    lily08 Posts: 8
    Options
    oh wow I love subway and I was shocked to hear how much salt , but ya durr I should have know taht cold cuts are not good for you eek, im really going to be careful now when I go there and watch what U put in my sandwitch, I jsut shared the story with my bf as he just finished eating subway heh im sure he loved reading it after he just finished eating :o)