ChaLEAN Extreme

Options
I'm beginning Phase 1 of ChaLEAN Extreme tomorrow; but I cannot find a calorie count for this on MFP. Anybody done this before? How do I calculate it? Thanks :smile:

Replies

• Helen_Ch
    Helen_Ch Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I'm currently doing it (on week 3) and have a bodybugg. I'm entering all three burn circuits as 30 minutes and 175 calories in the cardio section. I can't help with the Chalean Extreme cardio workouts since I'm doing different cardio than the program.

Hope that helps a little!
  • jeananndawson
    Options
    I wasn't able to find anything for it either, I finished Chalean Extreme, now doing Turbo Fire, I love her!! If you can get a heart monitor, they are much more accurate than the web. Plus with Chalean Extreme you are doing more strength training than cardio.
  • AmandaR910
    AmandaR910 Posts: 991
    Options
    Aww wait until Wednesday!! lol Mine doesn't come in the mail til then. Good luck! I just bought a HRM for this reason.
  • cupcake009
    Options
    I finished day 2 today! I listed it under "strength training"...
  • blittle40
    blittle40 Posts: 31
    Options
    Everyone will burn differently depending on their weight and height...I haven't done Chalene Extreme but I have done Turbo Fire and Insanity...and I'll burn around 350 -400 in 45 min or so....you should invest in a HRM or body bugg...the body bugg is about 97% accurate
  • lesliemk
    lesliemk Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I'm a CLX'er too! <3

Originally I used the circuit training exercise for the first month or so. Then I caved and ordered a HRM (the New Balance one at Target) and realized I was over-shooting my calories by about 100. Not a big deal, since I usually wasn't eating all of my exercise calories, but now w/ the HRM I feel more confident in my burn.

Burn & Push phases were around 160ish each. Lean phase has been around 200. Burn Intervals & Ab Burner is about 300. Burn It Off & Recharge is about 300 as well. Really it just depends on how much you push yourself during a lot of the intervals. I hope that helps a bit!! :D
  • NickiStone
    NickiStone Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Aww wait until Wednesday!! lol Mine doesn't come in the mail til then. Good luck! I just bought a HRM for this reason.

LOL.... I just got the email that mine it on its way. Hopefully I get mine in the next few days.
  • bjshields
    bjshields Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Thanks, everybody! I do have a HRM already, so I'll try to track it on that. Otherwise, I think I'm just going to enter it under strength training.