Hello

Options
Hi, I'm new. My name is Janet. I'm trying to watch fat grams and cholesterol more that anything. I'm trying to eat healthier. I've had several heart attacks and two open heart surgeries. I have two veins that are still open and I'm trying to keep them that way. Its really hard. So many of the foods I used to eat, I don't eat at all anymore. I have lost 31 pounds so far. I would kill for a bacon cheese burger. :tongue:

Replies

• pwprice59
    pwprice59 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Hi, great to have you, welcome. I watch my fat grams and cholesterol too. Having my lipids tested tomorrow, so I will let you know how the diet helps out.
  • heather1945
    heather1945 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Hi - You've made a good move to join the folk here at MFP. Look forward to your hamburger or whatever - get your calorie intake correct and who knows - you may be able to have a smaller helping than usual - good luck with the weight loss....:-)
  • teddyann
    teddyann Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard! Glad you are here! :wink:
    Don't eat the bacon cheeseburger! :)
  • essentialme
    Options
    Thanks for the welcome.
  • want2write2
    Options
    Hi there, the whole experience of being over weight is new to me and I think sometimes I'm in a bit of denial. I don't let my spouse know how much I weigh and change the subject if it comes up with family. My children and friends are always saying... you are not fat, you're so beautiful, stop it; but I know differently. See I used to be so small until about 10 years ago I was 102 - 110 and had been all my life. I'm going to be 49 this year and I'm depressed about it. I don't think that I'll go to my 30 year reunion because of the embarrassment. Anyway, in the last 2 years I've also found out that my thyroid isn't working. To top it off because I"m over weight I'm tired all the time so I don't have the energy to work out. All of this sound silly but I don't talk to anyone about this, these are my inner feelings. I have been more cognizant of what I take in, calories, portions, etc... today I got on the treadmill for a short walk. I need to get motivated and serious, and stop making excuses. I now weight about 173 and I hate it. I hate shopping for clothes because I want to buy something cute. I hate monitoring what I eat, and I hate looking in the mirror. I'm just gabbing so my apologies for being so selfish. I just needed to get it out I guess. I'm going to do everything I can to document this every day so, in the mean time thank you for listening.
  • essentialme
    Options
    2want2write: your story sounds a lot like mine. I too weighed about 120 until I hit 49. by the time I was 50 I weighed 180. I understand how you feel. Its not silly. I never told anybody how much I weighed. About the reunion, you would probably be surprised at how many of them have gained weight! I think too that thyroid problems only makes things worse. I hope that being on here will help a lot! Take little steps...one day at a time. If you don't do so well one day try to do better the next day. You can do it!! I know that counting fat grams and calories isn't easy but hopefully MFP will help.
  • judz46
    judz46 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    welcome Janet - I'm sure you will love this site...such a lot of support and having to log the food and exercise really makes you accountable. No one judges - we all try to help so good luck with your journey.