Hi!

Options
I'm a college student with not much time too excercise, so my goals are to cut back my calories and carbs. I live in a sorority house, so I don't really control what I eat, but I want to eat healthier and choose what I eat. Motivation would be lovely. My goal this week is to eat very well and try excercising twice. I do walk to and from class, but I really have trouble excercising when I should be studying. Thanks for reading and I would love to hear from anyone!

Replies

• abbysum
    abbysum Posts: 7
    Options
    Good luck on your goals!
  • MaryD4900
    MaryD4900 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I'm also a college student, and I have trouble balancing exercise w/ study time, especially on weeks when I have a lot of tests. But when I think about how much time I waste on facebook and whatever else throughout the day, I can' t really rationalize not having enough time to spend just 30 mins exercising a few days a week. I think of myfitnesspal as a kind of heathier version of facebook... still fun but a much more productive use of your time! I'm on my first week of diet/exercise, and I'm realizing that when I have set days for certain exercises and I know ahead of time what workout I will be doing on each day it's a lot easier to motivate myself to follow through with exercise. For example, Sunday, Monday, and Wednesdays are usually my least hectic days so I'm going to try to make those regular workout days. I'm going to try to make Sunday my Spin day, Monday my gym/elliptical day with my friend, and maybe make Wednesday a gym/running day.. The other days of the week I plan on doing exercise videos at my house. It helps to switch up your workouts and do something different so it doesn't get boring... like I said I'm only a week into it but so far that's what I've noticed :) And another thing that has helped me is getting my friends/ coworkers to join the site... having a support group and knowing people are watching your food/exercise activity every day is the best motivation there is! Good luck!
  • kgarza810
    kgarza810 Posts: 37
    Options
    walking is still exercise. you will do great I am sure! good luck and stay committed!