Morbidly Obese. PCOS. Motivation.

Options

Replies

• melkneec
    melkneec Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You are going to love it here! I have PCOS also and have lost almost 50lbs with the help of this site. Add me if you want. :) Congrats on the no E!
  • MichelleMcWain
    MichelleMcWain Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Welcome. I am 319 as of saturday and this is the biggest I have ever been. I have been big my entire life but it is getting the point that I am constantly tired and am so sick of feeling repulsed when I look in the mirror. I have a long way to go but have found this site and app so helpful! Add me, we can be support for on another.
  • Raynamama
    Raynamama Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You will love this place! Definitely add me as a friend if you like!
    I also have been diagnosed with PCOS and some other fertility issues - I am on a journey to lose weight and be as healthy as I can so that I can realize my lifelong dream of becoming a mom :)
    I'm here for support if you need it! =)
  • Skydancer80
    Options
    WTG!!! Great first step add me up I am here to loose 100+ ;)
  • monkeybuttsmommy
    monkeybuttsmommy Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    First of all WELCOME!!!! I am glad your here and secondly take it from a 37 year old first time mom who at her biggest was 290 and been big ALL MY LIFE, do it NOW! Do not wait because its so much harder to change your habits when your my age. I never thought I would conceive either... My docs said the chance was slim but last year I got pregnant. I was floored. I was excited but worried. The pregnancy was difficult. Because of my weight I was pre-clamptic and spent the majority of my pregnancy in a hospital bed. My son was born 6 weeks early by emergency c-section because my bp spikd to stroke level. My beautiful boy was born with spina bifida, hypospadius and breathing issues. A month later to the day my father died of cancer related illnesses that could possibly have been avoided if he had taken care of himself. He was also overwieght most of his life.He had high bp, diabetes and had sleep apnia, he had quad bypass surgery as well. He was only 60 years old when he passed. He never got to meet my son. Since then my son has had an 8 hour spinal surgery to correct his spina bifida and we as a family spent a week living in UCSF while he recovered from that surgery. He has another surgery coming up for the hypo-spadius and an appointment with Oakland Children's Hospital re: his breathing issues. he is doing fine for now but I tell you all this because had I taken better care of myself and dealt with my weight when I was your age I might have been healthier for pregnancy etc. I am now losing weight because I do not want to die young and leave my son without his mommy. I would love to have you as a friend on here. I will support and motivate you and in turn hope you do the same for me! Good luck! Your gonna rock!
  • charlene77
    charlene77 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You are going to love the site! Feel free to add me for mutual support and encouragement!
  • ChantalC1969
    ChantalC1969 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Welcome and congrats for taking care of you NOW!!! You will love this website! I love this website and my mfp friends! We are all here for the same reason! When I started a few months ago I wasn't too far from your weight... if you put your mind to it you will succeed. Feel free to add me as a friend if you want! We can support each other!

Chantal:flowerforyou:
  • MisterDubs303
    MisterDubs303 Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Good for you! I am new on here as well. I've been eating more healthily and insisting on being consistent with exercise since the beginning of the year, and I have seen great results. I have to remind myself that, though I have weight goals and fitness goals, the single most important goal is TODAY'S GOAL, whatever that may be (I keep it simple and have the same nutrition and exercise goals each weekday). I trust that meeting today's goal (or even coming close) will eventually lead me to my desired outcomes, and takes a little bit of the pressure off of thinking about how far I still have to go.

Best wishes on your journey!
  • elizwelshman
    Options
    Hello Lauren!! Welcome to the site. You have such a great attitude and outlook on what you want for yourself. That is totally awesome! Add me as a friend, we can motivate and support each other :flowerforyou:
  • Certified_Femail
    Certified_Femail Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Awwww im glad to see you here. All i know is i was watching the morning show and someone came out skinny and they showed us her pic before and after. First thing out of her mouth was she joined my fitness pal. Her name is Tammy and she motivated me because i only had 30 or 35 to lose and i think she had lost over a hundred and fifty. This site really opened my eyes about food and i know i will never be over weight again from the knowledge i have gained. I know you will see what i mean soon. CONGRATS!:flowerforyou:
  • Punky85
    Punky85 Posts: 5
    Options
    Wow that was a lot to take in. I'm sorry for your loss. About your son...my sister was born with spina bifida and water in the brain too....she has had numerous amounts of surgeries but lemme tell you everything will be OK....she is a beautiful 17 year old girl...that can't walk but she sure can play some wheelchair basketball....Thanks for your story...I wish you the best of luck =)
  • kris1085
    kris1085 Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    Welcome and you are going to love my fitnesspal ! I will send you a friends request ! We will all support each other !
  • xnattiex
    xnattiex Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck :)
  • gilmoregj
    gilmoregj Posts: 54
    Options
    I'm like you - morbidly obese with PCOS. Having PCOS makes it more difficult to lose weight, but not impossible. Sugar and carbs are a big issue. But I will give you a ray of hope. I'm 37 and I have 3 daughters ( a singleton and a set of twins). I carried both pregnancies being extremely overweight, but all three are healthy. I wish that I had lost my weight earlier though. It's difficult being pregnant at all; being obsese and pregnant puts you in a whole other catagory. Get as healthy as you can before getting pregnant.

Welcome, as you start your journey. You'll have friends here at MFP that will last you through your entire weight loss and all the way through your maintenance.
  • ClarkMer
    ClarkMer Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Add me as a friend, I am more than happy to offer support and advice
  • kountrygrl27
    kountrygrl27 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Welcome, this is a great site!! They provide you with all the tools you need to get yourself started to a healthier life... I have almost 100lbs to loose and I know it wont be easy but with the support here its possible!! Please feel free to add me for support and motivation!!!
  • Go_Lise
    Go_Lise Posts: 151
    Options
    Hey girl and welcome! Feel free to add me as a friend if you need some more!! It's a tough battle!!! I've been trying to lose weight since I was 15! 10 years!! I've had big losses and big gains but we're all in this together!
  • lcdblue1026
    lcdblue1026 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hi Lauren, welcome! I'm fairly new here, but love all the support and information available. I also have PCOS and understand the issues.........although I don't want to have children so that isn't the biggest issue for me. But ugh the belly fat, excess hair, skin discoloration.........Anyway please feel free to add me as a friend, the more support the better.
  • RitaPrior
    RitaPrior Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    First of all WELCOME!!!! I am glad your here and secondly take it from a 37 year old first time mom who at her biggest was 290 and been big ALL MY LIFE, do it NOW! Do not wait because its so much harder to change your habits when your my age. I never thought I would conceive either... My docs said the chance was slim but last year I got pregnant. I was floored. I was excited but worried. The pregnancy was difficult. Because of my weight I was pre-clamptic and spent the majority of my pregnancy in a hospital bed. My son was born 6 weeks early by emergency c-section because my bp spikd to stroke level. My beautiful boy was born with spina bifida, hypospadius and breathing issues. A month later to the day my father died of cancer related illnesses that could possibly have been avoided if he had taken care of himself. He was also overwieght most of his life.He had high bp, diabetes and had sleep apnia, he had quad bypass surgery as well. He was only 60 years old when he passed. He never got to meet my son. Since then my son has had an 8 hour spinal surgery to correct his spina bifida and we as a family spent a week living in UCSF while he recovered from that surgery. He has another surgery coming up for the hypo-spadius and an appointment with Oakland Children's Hospital re: his breathing issues. he is doing fine for now but I tell you all this because had I taken better care of myself and dealt with my weight when I was your age I might have been healthier for pregnancy etc. I am now losing weight because I do not want to die young and leave my son without his mommy. I would love to have you as a friend on here. I will support and motivate you and in turn hope you do the same for me! Good luck! Your gonna rock!

Wow. What a story and so inspirational. I will keep you and your family in my prayers!
  • khrys1
    khrys1 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you! Feel free to add me as a friend- my main motivation to lose weight is also to get to a healthy weight so I can have children in the next year or two! You can do it!