Hi Everyone - My Introduction

Options
I'm very new to MFP, just joined yesterday! I'm 39 years old and my goal is to be at my goal weight, healthy and fit when I turn 40 later this year. I am notorious for starting a plan and sabotaging myself and quitting quite quickly. I am hoping that MFP will help me stay motivated and on track.

Replies

• KatyE213
    KatyE213 Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Good luck, you have come to the right place. This site is great for keeping you focussed and you will find lots of into and support :smile:
  • manleyzoo
    manleyzoo Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Welcome, you have come to the right place for motivation!! The people here are great!!! Feel free to add me as a friend!
  • lbfrueh
    lbfrueh Posts: 87
    Options
    Welcome! This site really helps!
  • whoisgoingtosaveher
    Options
    welcome!!! :D x
  • tallen3687
    tallen3687 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    This site will help you. I have tried everything and while most works for a while, this is life changing. My only advice is to be honest. If you don't eat healthy, still log it in. I was saying earlier that I was dieting and my best friend corrected me. I am living healthier and better than in a long time. Good Luck!
  • SUZANNEGAY
    Options
    I've only been a member for about 1 week; but yesterday was the 1st day I didn't go over on my calories & carbs! I'm looking for new friends and any lo-impact exercise ideas (besides walking). Also, if you're a female over 40, do you have any tips for getting protein that doesn't necessarily involve eating meat? Thanks for the help. Have a great day.
  • flamingonana
    Options
    Hi, I'm Nancy. I'm 54, short on height, but big on sense of humor! I need to lose this extra 20 lbs for my health.but also for my self-esteem. People still make fun of my shortness, that I can't do anything about, but I can control my weight and take care of this old body by eating right and exercising. My daughter-in-law, Christi, told me about myfitnesspal.com. I love this sight! I have told my TOPS pals , and my two daughters, and they have since joined , my husband also joined! Thanks Christi, and Thanks myfitnesspal.com!
  • flamingonana
    Options
    Try egg whites and broccoli, both are great for protein.