Anyone just start INSANITY?

Options

Replies

• lovetowrite73
    lovetowrite73 Posts: 1,244 Member
    Options
    Today was the first day of week 2 (Cardio Power & Resistance). I definitely pushed harder than I did the first time around. I was also doing my globe jumps at a pace much faster than the group, which shocked me. I also fizzled out faster than they did too though. :laugh: I looooovvvveeee belt kicks. Definitely went faster than the group and did more. I don't know what it is about those kicks that I like so much. As far as the 8 jump squats/8 pushups...yeah, the pushups weren't happening. I would complete about 4 half push-ups then get up and do the jump squats. There's no way - at this point - that I can complete 8 push ups in a row. My arms just aren't having it!
  • therobinator
    therobinator Posts: 832 Member
    Options
    I was thinking about doing the fitness test tonight.

It looks a real hard workout and I am not sure someone my fitness level could or should be doing this, but i really like the results people have been getting, could a person who only started working out 2-3 weeks ago tackle this program?

It will be hard, no matter what your fitness level going in....that's why it's "insane." :) Just modify it down to your level if you want to try it. Listen to your body.
  • Steph1015
    Steph1015 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Started today!!! Fit test done!!!:smokin:
  • mamareese
    mamareese Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advice. I'll give that I go. I was figure 4 push ups and then the run was good but you're right. It's better to do it as it's laid out and not get in as many as they do. Then to do less pushups with more reps so to speak. Great advice!!

It definitely is INSANE. And I was going to put off doing it until I got a little further into my exercise routine but I thought...worst case scenario is a start out doing Insanity a little behind physically than Shaun T and his fit team! And catch up over the weeks...so I just jumped at it before I lost my nerve!!

It is kickin my Knees @$$ but I figure running would annoying old injuries anyways...I'm hoping once my muscles get used to the work and start catching up they'll take some of the weight off my knees. It is a exercise program (and admittedly I'm only on day 5) that I don't mind getting up at 5am to do because I know it's EXACTLY what my body needs. Where before I was experimenting with cardio/weights ( and that's definitely something I'll go back to) but I wasn't as into it and wasn't feeling as worked. I love feeling my beat red face and sweat afterwards because I know I'll find those results at the end of this journey!!

Give it a shot!! We're here to support!
  • emkess
    emkess Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Finished my first Insanity workout this morning, Plyometric Cardio Circuit. I thought it was a great workout. Most of the exercises I could not keep up the same pace , but as another member suggested, I just did a full set at the best pace I could. Next time I will be able to do more sets. He always stresses quality form over quantity. Good luck everyone.
  • BullDozier
    BullDozier Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I'll be starting this tomorrow morning. I've does the first month a few times before getting derailed for various reasons, so I know what to expect. It will kick my butt. However, no excuses this time. Gotta trim the fat!
  • rollerbladinbob
    Options
    I'm starting week 6 tonight after work. Then I have to do the fit test for the third time.
  • mamareese
    Options
    rollerbladinbob- keep us posted on how the fit test goes! I'm only on day 5 but I'm already excited to get to the fit test and bump up some of those numbers!! Great work!!

djdozier- It definitely kicks your butt...but it seems to be totally worth it in the long haul. Like I said above, I'm only on day 5 but as much as I DO NOT LIKE IT, I LOVE IT JUST AS MUCH. One of those love hate relationships!
  • youngrachael
    youngrachael Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I have (re) started Insanity on Monday, made it through the first week and fell ill so instead of staring where I left off I decided to start the program from the beginning again. I just finished Day 2 poly this morning (been doing it at 5am every morning) and I must say that I feel great. The first time I did poly I thought I was going to die! My legs are really sore but a good sore. I am getting married in Sept. so I am going to try to do the program twice... we will see how the first time around goes...

Wish you all the best of luck and look forward o your updates on your progress!!
  • Volforlife83
    Volforlife83 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    DH and I are just starting week 4. It is tough, but we love it! We've lost 10 pounds so far and I can see a big difference in our strength and endurance. Good luck with the program!!
  • emkess
    emkess Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Just finished day 3, Cardio Power and Resistance. My upper body is sooooo weak. My calves are feeling a little tight today. Does anyone know if the cardio rest day has a lot of jumping in it?
  • ldon37
    ldon37 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I just started Insanity today! I did the first fit test. Here are my results:
    switch kicks 112
    power jacks 54
    power knees 69
    power jumps 28
    globe jumps 8
    suicide jumps 12
    push-up jacks 3 (Lots of work to do here yet :)
    plank oblique 44

Anyone else want to share? Good luck all!!!!
  • shakemybooty
    shakemybooty Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    I just started Insanity today! I did the first fit test. Here are my results:
    switch kicks 112
    power jacks 54
    power knees 69
    power jumps 28
    globe jumps 8
    suicide jumps 12
    push-up jacks 3 (Lots of work to do here yet :)
    plank oblique 44

Anyone else want to share? Good luck all!!!!

112 switch kicks on day 1? I bow to you! :smile:
  • mamareese
    Options
    Just finished day 3, Cardio Power and Resistance. My upper body is sooooo weak. My calves are feeling a little tight today. Does anyone know if the cardio rest day has a lot of jumping in it?

Even though I just did it my memory sucks so I can't be 100% certain but if I'm recalling correctly..it's more of stretching and using your body weight to work your muscles. There's definitely a lot of moving still but not as much.
  • shakemybooty
    Options

Even though I just did it my memory sucks so I can't be 100% certain but if I'm recalling correctly..it's more of stretching and using your body weight to work your muscles. There's definitely a lot of moving still but not as much.

Isn't this the one that makes you squat forever and sets your thighs on fire?
  • mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    Yep cardio rest can be downright painful, but no jumping. Breath!!! Breath lots.
  • mamareese
    Options
    LOL - ahhh yes!! The fire in the thighs one. You got it!! Love it! *the comment not the burning* :laugh:
  • shakemybooty
    Options
    Today was Day 19. I believe yesterday I mentioned that Pure Cardio was my favorite. That was on the schedule for today. Sometime during the workout I thought to myself "THIS is my favorite? I must be goofy!" I got to follow that up with Cardio Abs so I could listen to my hips pop some more. It was awesome. :laugh:

Cee-I thought of you during the switch kick part. I'm definitely better when it's the first thing I have to do and not mixed in the middle!
  • lovetowrite73
    lovetowrite73 Posts: 1,244 Member
    Options
    I can imagine it being easier at the beginning. That exercise sure does expel a ton of energy, doesn't it??
  • ldon37
    ldon37 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Did Insanity day one Plyometric Cardio Circuit today-Holy smokes! GREAT workout! My hrm says I burned 461 cals. I was horrible at the push-up intervals but hope to get lots better. Most definitely had my heart rate up. This program lives up to its name! Insanely looking forward to tomorrow. It is very motivating to read all of your success stories on this thread. Good luck!